• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone Know Where to Get Primers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I see some primers available, what did 1,000 SPP go for before all this? I’m trying tp determine if it’s really a good idea to continue pursuing this or if I should just keep saving brass until things settle down.

As I see some primers available, what did 1,000 SPP go for before all this? I’m trying tp determine if it’s really a good idea to continue pursuing this or if I should just keep saving brass until things settle down.
About $30 without paying hazmat fees.

You need to do the math to see what quantities you can get currently.

If I paid $80 for 1k primers I’m still able to load for 18 cents/round.

About $30 without paying hazmat fees.

You need to do the math to see what quantities you can get currently.

If I paid $80 for 1k primers I’m still able to load for 18 cents/round.

That’s what I thought. I remember seeing them for $40/1k.
$200/1k makes them .20/ea..... Hindsight and all that crap. Womp womp.

Who wastes their time for 200 primers? 🤣

I'm not even sure why anyone sells primers by less than the 1k brick. Its like opening every Hershey bar and selling them by the small rectangle.
Yeah they need to keep people coming in to the shop though. If not one NES member would clean them out and have them on sale for 5X the price the next day.
I know guys that drive by a shop daily and grab 200 a pop. It's not optimal but for the guys just starting out it beats paying $50 a box for 9MM

Yeah they need to keep people coming in to the shop though. If not one NES member would clean them out and have them on sale for 5X the price the next day.
I know guys that drive by a shop daily and grab 200 a pop. It's not optimal but for the guys just starting out it beats paying $50 a box for 9MM

The way you stop that from happening is raise your price and follow the market. But I'm just a capitalist and if I owned a business I would love to have inventory flying off the shelves.

Who wastes their time for 200 primers? 🤣

I'm not even sure why anyone sells primers by less than the 1k brick. Its like opening every Hershey bar and selling them by the small rectangle.
I live close and am new to reloading. I've managed to get 1,200 primers in three days for a 10 minute drive.

Plus, if people keep coming in, they'll probably buy something else while in there rather than one person buying them all once and leaving. When I worked in retail, the purpose of a sale item was usually just to get people in the door.

I live close and am new to reloading. I've managed to get 1,200 primers in three days for a 10 minute drive.

Plus, if people keep coming in, they'll probably buy something else while in there rather than one person buying them all once and leaving. When I worked in retail, the purpose of a sale item was usually just to get people in the door.
Again, they stay on the shelf long enough if you raise the price.

The way you stop that from happening is raise your price and follow the market. But I'm just a capitalist and if I owned a business I would love to have inventory flying off the shelves.
I’m sure that would help but then NES adds you to the ban list 😂

Fin Feather Fur has 500 pack SPP in stock for...$79 with a free...Uncle Mikes holster? Lol weird combo and bad price. I suppose not horrible if you happen to need a holster too.
Every stocking shop accumulates a crapload of stuff that they "guessed wrong on" and can't sell. Sometimes it makes sense to sell it cheap; at other times it just sits the until it's time to sell the shop and the owner includes its wholesale value to boost his claim of amount of inventory the shop holds (one reason NEVER to buy inventory at current dealer cost when buying a gunshop). This is a creative way for the owner to get rid of junk and slightly obfuscate the extent of his market pricing.

A local who got out of reloading left a box for me at the club which I brought home and never opened. I have no idea what I will find - could contain reloading dies; manuals; cleaning kits or maybe even primers. In any case my odds with the mystery box are greater than my wife's Megamillions ticket.

The 5k that was supposed to be delivered today (was in PA last night....) ran me $230.75 so like $46 per 1k shipped. Before the SHTF primers were like $30-$40 per 1k. If you stocked up in 2018, you could have got them for $22 per 1k.

Anyway, definitely keep saving your brass!

Still a total sh!t show. I haven't had to panic yet and should have enough primers, powders, and projectiles to get me through rifle match shooting in 2021. However, that's about it and I much prefer to stay 2 seasons ahead. If this crap doesn't settle down by June I'll be freaking out looking for a solution.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom