Anyone know where to get primers Part II

RankAmateur

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol. Ya I remember you ran into that at the Nashua store.

Well the UPS Store in Salem does not require an account with them regardless of package type or shipping carrier.

In any event this is a very small fee to be able to buy from almost any online vendor.
[party2]

Order limits have made the shipping/hazmat a real consideration from most vendors. This vendor's policies reduced shipping/hazmat to just over $3.00/K primers, so I pulled the trigger (so to speak) big time. I went in for a couple/three years worth of all the primers I use. I'm DONE scrounging and holding back on shooting for the foreseeable future!!! [mg]

Hope some of you guys are also able to take advantage.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
[party2]

Order limits have made the shipping/hazmat a real consideration from most vendors. This vendor's policies reduced shipping/hazmat to just over $3.00/K primers, so I pulled the trigger (so to speak) big time. I went in for a couple/three years worth of all the primers I use. I'm DONE scrounging and holding back on shooting for the foreseeable future!!! [mg]

Hope some of you guys are also able to take advantage.
YES!!!! What calibers you reloading?

Last edited:

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
LPM’s available today ($85.99/1k) w/same limit.

Send to my house in America and pre pay for shipping to you.
Shipping to the NH UPS Stores is where it’s at 😂
Damn those are pricy

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Shipping to the NH UPS Stores is where it’s at 😂
Damn those are pricy
What if I live at the NH UPS Store?

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Welp, won't be buying a new pistol anytime soon.
Just placed the largest powder order I ever have...
Good.

Honestly, that’s really the way it SHOULD be. I’ve started reconsidering how many guns I have and thinking about culling the herd of firearms and reinvesting the dough in even MORE reloading components while they’re available.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good.

Honestly, that’s really the way it SHOULD be. I’ve started reconsidering how many guns I have and thinking about culling the herd of firearms and reinvesting the dough in even MORE reloading components while they’re available.
Well at this point I probably can load at least 1-2 years without buying anything else, but probably longer. Of course, my depth is not identical in all calibers, I have a lot more .223 and 9x19 components than 6.5x55, for example, but you get the idea.

I might try to sell/trade one of my firearms, but I don't really plan to sell any others right now.
But I might be getting some optics and maybe another suppressor or two as well.

whacko

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Considering I started loading 45acp in the last month or so after getting the 1911 and 645, this is fantastic news...
Most economical for 45 by far is bullseye. 4.6 grains per case for 200 grain lswc is super accurate and the light charge makes a pound last a loooooong time. It is sooty though

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Looks like the valley has 1680 and CFE BLK for any of you noobs to reloading 7.62x39.

you know...all you guys that were telling me two years ago I was nuts for reloading commie ammo!

also @daekken, I was perusing Redding does on midway the other day, and noticed they make sets in 5.45! They weren’t in stock at the time, but they DO make them!

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looks like the valley has 1680 and CFE BLK for any of you noobs to reloading 7.62x39.

you know...all you guys that were telling me two years ago I was nuts for reloading commie ammo!

also @daekken, I was perusing Redding does on midway the other day, and noticed they make sets in 5.45! They weren’t in stock at the time, but they DO make them!
I'll probably sign up for notifications on sites that have that feature.
I'll need to figure out projectiles as well.

I should have a decent amount of time to figure that out before it becomes a serious problem, though. Fingers crossed that the market figures out a solution in the interim.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'll probably sign up for notifications on sites that have that feature.
I'll need to figure out projectiles as well.

I should have a decent amount of time to figure that out before it becomes a serious problem, though. Fingers crossed that the market figures out a solution in the interim.
Simplest solution...start casting! I know some guys that do a great casting seminal...paging @Michael J. Spangler and @1919FAN

meh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Considering I started loading 45acp in the last month or so after getting the 1911 and 645, this is fantastic news...
Will second the opinion on CFE Pistol for 45acp. That's what we use it for in my house. Also fine for 9mm and probably anything else where the pressure is circa 20K psi or higher and there isn't a lot of empty space left in the case. I have never liked it in .38 special, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, or .45 Colt--dirty, not comparatively accurate in those applications IME.

meh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Son of a gun, I almost stopped there on the way home too. Figures.
Comes a little late for me, anyway, as I splurged on a brick from Larry, which near as I can figure cost me more than $33 additional over what I would have paid at Cabelas after tax, if I had managed to get there. OTOH, I did get BDay pricing on 1K of .430" 240 grain XTPs (no BDay pricing on primers, of course). That was still more than twice what 1K of Zeros would cost me if they could be had at all, but the nice folks there don't have any idea when they're going to do another run of .44 mag JSPs. I couldn't even get them to say they'd be surprised if it took more than 12 months.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Comes a little late for me, anyway, as I splurged on a brick from Larry, which near as I can figure cost me more than $33 additional over what I would have paid at Cabelas after tax, if I had managed to get there. OTOH, I did get BDay pricing on 1K of .430" 240 grain XTPs (no BDay pricing on primers, of course). That was still more than twice what 1K of Zeros would cost me if they could be had at all, but the nice folks there don't have any idea when they're going to do another run of .44 mag JSPs. I couldn't even get them to say they'd be surprised if it took more than 12 months.
Apparently they're backorderable but no idea on when they'll get them as you said. Sabrina responded to me a couple weeks ago saying I could place an order/backorder for the 44 cal bullets.
I mean they're like the CMP where they don't charge the CC until it ships but still. Could be waiting a year or more potentially.

I don't really need any as the amount of 44 mag I've loaded plus the remaining components I have, and at the rate I shoot 44 mag, it will last me years.

Top Bottom