Anyone know where to get primers Part II

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
By end of year I'll definitely need some. Not in dire straits at the moment and not going to pay $75 plus shipping and hazmat. Come December I'll be ready to grab ankles and pony up.
Lube or no lube?…
[rofl]

Kidding aside, hopefully you can grab some before years end at a decent price.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Of course they did. I was just in Hudson at Riverside this afternoon and decided not to go to Cabelas.
LOL I was there mid week and they had nothing- no primers, no powder. Never fails that I miss stuff. Actually OK that I missed LPM's.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Of course they did. I was just in Hudson at Riverside this afternoon and decided not to go to Cabelas.
Me too LOL. I was driving by, maybe 10mij from the store, thought about stopping but kept driving. LOL.

By the way, those primers from Westom Shooters - I reloaded 100, tried them in the competition gun and it ignited all, no failures.

I did notice some sparks from the cylinder, something I dont get with Federal, but that is fine.

So, looks like those primers are good for competition.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Natchez was dropping SPP, LPM, and LRP between yesterday and today. Limit of 10k per primer type/brand. Up from 5k. The only online vendor without 1-2k primer limits.
No they don’t ship to MA. Could ship to a UPS Store in NH though if I recall.

And Larry and the “Ram” were dropping primers between yesterday and today also. Good sign.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Maybe they did - but they sure don't now.
They still have SPP magnums. 10k limit

Only post links for vendors who DON’T ship to MA.

walter62

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They still have SPP magnums. 10k limit

Only post links for vendors who DON’T ship to MA.
Natch. does not ship powder/primer/ammo to MA. Other stuff is OK AFAIK

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
The Nacho has LRP and Match LRP 10k limits, no shipping to MA.
Someone who needs primers should follow up with the Salem NH UPS Store as I thought they told me they can accept hazmat packages. Natchez only ships via FedEx but the UPS Store said they accept packages from all carriers.

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Someone who needs primers should follow up with the Salem NH UPS Store as I thought they told me they can accept hazmat packages. Natchez only ships via FedEx but the UPS Store said they accept packages from all carriers.
Just called the Salem NH UPS Store. They accept ALL packages from ALL shipping carriers. They told me hazmat packages would not be a problem as long as they're packaged/labeled well and they are picked up relatively quickly.

Also Natchez does not care if the shipping and billing addresses match - FYI. The only vendor I know of that requires both addresses to match is Graf's.

RankAmateur

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just called the Salem NH UPS Store. They accept ALL packages from ALL shipping carriers. They told me hazmat packages would not be a problem as long as they're packaged/labeled well and they are picked up relatively quickly.

Also Natchez does not care if the shipping and billing addresses match - FYI. The only vendor I know of that requires both addresses to match is Graf's.
All correct. Same with Nashua. The only hitch is that USP stores routinely accept UPS-shipped packages which you can pick up at the UPS store. They will REFUSE to accept/hold packages shipped by other shippers UNLESS you have an established package receiving account with the store, and will return the package to the shipper (I'm sure this is a store-by-store policy). Ask me how I know. o_O

So, since this vendor ships via FedEx, you should set up a package receiving account ($25/year at some stores, free at others) before the package is scheduled to arrive there. Once set up, it's back to $5 to pick up each package. Good luck!

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
All correct. Same with Nashua. The only hitch is that USP stores routinely accept UPS-shipped packages which you can pick up at the UPS store. They will REFUSE to accept/hold packages shipped by other shippers UNLESS you have an established package receiving account with the store, and will return the package to the shipper (I'm sure this is a store-by-store policy). Ask me how I know. o_O

So, since this vendor ships via FedEx, you should set up a package receiving account ($25/year at some stores, free at others) before the package is scheduled to arrive there. Once set up, it's back to $5 to pick up each package. Good luck!
Lol. Ya I remember you ran into that at the Nashua store.

Well the UPS Store in Salem does not require an account with them regardless of package type or shipping carrier.

In any event this is a very small fee to be able to buy from almost any online vendor.

Top Bottom