• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

They're behind the counter so you have to ask but you can see what they have from the counter. They seem to get primers in every day or 2 and the price isn't insanely high like some places.
Yup
You can say what you want about Cabellas, but they are the only ones that haven't been but raping everyone for ammo and components.

Funny I think he said he had been using that as well. But wants to test Reloader 16 further but is running low.
To get the most out of staball, you need to load over book max. One has to fill that case up! They lowballed the max charge quite a bit. I have gotten some really good results out of it so far. I might have a pound or two of 16 kicking around, I can check this weekend if that will help you out.

My PV primers arrived today--they substituted Federal Match SPP for my regular Federals. Cool, I guess, but just going to plink with them.

Also, Federal has to be the most inefficient packer of materials. You could fit like 3k CCI primers in the same volume as the 1k of Federal.

To get the most out of staball, you need to load over book max. One has to fill that case up! They lowballed the max charge quite a bit. I have gotten some really good results out of it so far. I might have a pound or two of 16 kicking around, I can check this weekend if that will help you out.
Ya let me know. Thanks!
He came by to grab the SRP I got for him from the valley…ended up giving me a free bottle of trail boss for helping him get primers. Score! I was told they aren’t even making TB in 2021
52B1DF4B-0485-4B0F-8E77-B8A30D392BF6.jpeg

Not exactly in your area, but I would check with Outback in Plympton. They had a lot of Powder on the shelves earlier this week. That's not one of my flavors so I can't say for sure.

Last time I stopped at Outback it was still peak primer and powder crisis, and they had a reasonable stock. There was a mix of totally pre wu flu prices and much higher prices. If he bought it pre covid cost, it was priced pre covid. If the price looks like total wu flu mark up- that's because the distributor poked him and he's just keeping some in stock. I don't get by there much due to the distance. I drive by every month on the way to Pembroke matches, but inbound is too early and outbound is too late.

Ya let me know. Thanks!
He came by to grab the SRP I got for him from the valley…ended up giving me a free bottle of trail boss for helping him get primers. Score! I was told they aren’t even making TB in 2021
We used some of that in Jim's reloading class. That's the strangest looking stuff I've ever seen..................:eek:

What's up with not making Trail Boss?
Attention Dealers,

Please see below the update from ADI on their rifle propellants and specifically the packs and popularity/frequency of manufacture for each:

"Rifle Propellant Outlook

AR2206(H), AR2208, AR2209, AR2213SC - These propellants are our core rifle range and account for the majority of the propellant we release to the market every year. These propellants will be available in both 1kg and 4kg bottles for the foreseeable future and we have these propellants represented through the different stages of manufacture almost constantly.

AR2217 – While this propellant is outside our core range, it is still a popular choice. However, due to production capacity constraints, the decision has been made to only offer this propellant in 4kg bottles through 2021. It isn’t made as regularly as our core rifle range above, but is typically made multiple times a year.

AR2225, AR2218 – Our two slowest burning propellants represent only a small amount of the propellant we release to the market every year. Due to this, combined with production capacity constraints, we’ll be offering these products in 4kg bottles only throughout 2021.

This is likely to be a welcome change for those that use these propellants as AR2225 was only previously offered in a 500gm bottle. As many already know, the smaller bottles disappear quickly when loading for common AR2225 calibres.

We make both of these propellants as often as we can, but have to balance market demand with onsite storage at the factory so we don’t affect storage of other necessary energetics.

Benchmark 1, AR2205 – Like AR2225 and AR2218, these propellants only account for a small proportion of our annual demand. Due to a combination of factors that include the aforementioned as well as manufacturing batch sizes, these propellants will not be manufactured in 2021. However, we do currently have stock of AR2205 for our distributors to access as needed.

AR2207, AR2219, Benchmark 2, Benchmark 8208 – These propellants will continue to be offered in 2021, however we have consolidated the bottle sizes in an effort to manufacture more propellant and release it to the Australian market. These will be offered in 1kg bottles only for the foreseeable future. Production of these propellants is less frequent when compared with the core range (AR2206(H), AR2208, AR2209 and AR2213SC) but we still endeavour to make them in line with market demand.

Trail Boss – This propellant is unlikely to be released in 2021 and there continues to be an active research and development project associated with its delivery."

Attention Dealers,

Please see below the update from ADI on their rifle propellants and specifically the packs and popularity/frequency of manufacture for each:

"Rifle Propellant Outlook

AR2206(H), AR2208, AR2209, AR2213SC - These propellants are our core rifle range and account for the majority of the propellant we release to the market every year. These propellants will be available in both 1kg and 4kg bottles for the foreseeable future and we have these propellants represented through the different stages of manufacture almost constantly.

AR2217 – While this propellant is outside our core range, it is still a popular choice. However, due to production capacity constraints, the decision has been made to only offer this propellant in 4kg bottles through 2021. It isn’t made as regularly as our core rifle range above, but is typically made multiple times a year.

AR2225, AR2218 – Our two slowest burning propellants represent only a small amount of the propellant we release to the market every year. Due to this, combined with production capacity constraints, we’ll be offering these products in 4kg bottles only throughout 2021.

This is likely to be a welcome change for those that use these propellants as AR2225 was only previously offered in a 500gm bottle. As many already know, the smaller bottles disappear quickly when loading for common AR2225 calibres.

We make both of these propellants as often as we can, but have to balance market demand with onsite storage at the factory so we don’t affect storage of other necessary energetics.

Benchmark 1, AR2205 – Like AR2225 and AR2218, these propellants only account for a small proportion of our annual demand. Due to a combination of factors that include the aforementioned as well as manufacturing batch sizes, these propellants will not be manufactured in 2021. However, we do currently have stock of AR2205 for our distributors to access as needed.

AR2207, AR2219, Benchmark 2, Benchmark 8208 – These propellants will continue to be offered in 2021, however we have consolidated the bottle sizes in an effort to manufacture more propellant and release it to the Australian market. These will be offered in 1kg bottles only for the foreseeable future. Production of these propellants is less frequent when compared with the core range (AR2206(H), AR2208, AR2209 and AR2213SC) but we still endeavour to make them in line with market demand.

Trail Boss – This propellant is unlikely to be released in 2021 and there continues to be an active research and development project associated with its delivery."
Hmm...

Just more proof the drought is subsiding but also, by time you're finished w/ the inflated cost, haz, tax & shipping
it adds up (although there is a 'free ship' code(s) available). I recently got 2 and it was $85 each to my door.

I'm sitting on 8k so no rush for me.

Just more proof the drought is subsiding but also, by time you're finished w/ the inflated cost, haz, tax & shipping
it adds up (although there is a 'free ship' code(s) available). I recently got 2 and it was $85 each to my door.

I'm sitting on 8k so no rush for me.
I have about the same amount at this time and have stopped buying , sure would be nice to see bricks available at local shops sometime soon to avoid the hazmat/shipping fee.

I too tapped out recently, Primers can be found with some due diligence.I refresh what I use and try not to dip into the stockpile, in case things go sideways again, With what I could get lately I’m good for several months, then we’ll reassess the situation. Price is driving my outlook . If your still looking the RAM has Federal SPP still this morning.

Last edited:
Still OK for LRP's until end of year. Hopefully those will show up at (cough) reasonable pricing. Pro tip: Don't forget to factor in the cost for a jar of vasoline when ordering from the big online vendors. Learn from my mistake. [laugh]

Those are the same primers that Rob helped coordinate a group buy at $35 per 1k. Wonder if Defensive Dynamics was in that?…Primer Source
Obviously the shop needs to mark them up for a profit

A lot more “reasonable” than what weston shooters was charging.
My bet is WSC sold some but non many and had a raft of shit in their hands. Phone calls were made and that was that.... [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom