• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Wtf is up with OL selling a case of 209 shotgun primers for $1,679?

It's It's 16,800 of them, but still. They always that expensive?

Also, walmart in Salem, NH got an ammo delivery. Not much left when I got there, but I did get one of the $22 bulk pack of shotgun shells I've been looking for to blast clays. Bunch of dirty-thirty on the shelf.

Ever have any issues running SRP in 9mm?

Not at all. I’ve compared velocity through a chrono and there are plenty of yourube videos confirming the same.

Honestly, I treat all small primers the same. I have 4k SPP Magnum that work just as well in a 9mm behind a 145 gr coated bullet.

I plan to do a similar comparison with large primers between .45 & .308 in a week or two.

Not at all. I’ve compared velocity through a chrono and there are plenty of yourube videos confirming the same.

Honestly, I treat all small primers the same. I have 4k SPP Magnum that work just as well in a 9mm behind a 145 gr coated bullet.

I plan to do a similar comparison with large primers between .45 & .308 in a week or two.
Aren’t large primers different dimensions between pistol and rifle?

Ever have any issues running SRP in 9mm?
I’ve heard that you might get occasional light strikes depending if you’ve got a tuned gun with lightened springs etc. I can’t confirm as I’ve never used them before. But aside from that they’re perfectly safe to use for pistol loads and you won’t see much of a difference in velocity.

Do not use LR primers in a pistol round! It won't seat deep enough and you can end up with an out of battery slam fire.

Based on the SAAMI dimensions, the max LPP depth falls just short of the range of the LRP depth by 0.002". You think that's enough for a slam fire?

Based on the SAAMI dimensions, the max LPP depth falls just short of the range of the LRP depth by 0.002". You think that's enough for a slam fire?

I don't know how much I trust the typical brass mfr to stick to that dimension. I suppose as long as you are aware of the risks you can take the chance, but everything I've ever read about doing this says don't.

I don't know how much I trust the typical brass mfr to stick to that dimension. I suppose as long as you are aware of the risks you can take the chance, but everything I've ever read about doing this says don't.

Sounds like a fun game... or it means I need to shoot more .308 lol

Lucky me. I have a gunshop like 5 minutes from work. I go over there or call and most of the time I walk away with 200 spp magnum for $10.60 otd. Limit of 2 boxes a trip. I am working on my 2nd brick.
Saturday I drove to a few towns over and they had the same limit but they were $26.99 each. I said thanks but no thanks!

You can hold mine what's that a slam fire never heard of such thing. Do have a few sks's they may do that with a dirty firing pin. So I've heard

that's when the firing pin slams into the primer when the slide/bolt close and sets off the round, SKSs will do that if there's cosmo inside the bolt making the firing pin stick out. Only gonna happen with semi-autos

Back
Top Bottom