• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know or remember Fred Roache

greencobra

NES Member
He was a builder of some nice target pistols, .45s, and he put together Kart .22 conversions, mating them to 45 frames. I own one, a super target pistol. I ask because I found a thread on another site asking if anyone heard of him. The post had been up for a couple of years with no responses until I came onto it. I had talked to the man once on the phone in the early 90's but never met him.

So, anyone else know of him or his guns? Just curious cause the trail is cold on Mr. Roache. Oh, he came from Hopedale, MA.

still looking for info on this guy....and i got the name wrong....shoulda looked at the side of my gun. it's tom j. roche or as he marked his guns, "t. j. roche, custom kart, hopedale, ma." my gun is a kart .22 conversion he built on an essex .45 frame. i know of another, consecutively numbered to mine, in existance but never have seen any others. i also ran across a post from a guy on another board who owned a roche .45 acp hardball target pistol but have no details nor have i seen his gun. so just resurrecting this thread hoping a new pair of eyes might have something on this guy, mr. roche. (i have heard he has passed away) below is a link to a photo although not my gun, pretty similar. i guess they'd all look alike anyway.
http://www.nramuseum.com/guns/the-g...kart-22-conversion-semi-automatic-pistol.aspx

Google search shows a Thomas J roche in Louisiana with an ffl and a phone #
yeah, thanks. i've spent hours on google searches to no avail. i believe he moved down the cape or near it. i had heard a year or two ago he was hit by a car and killed while at his roadside mailbox, and he was up there in age, early to mid 80's. don't want to find him, just want info on the guns he built, etc. it's as if this guy didn't exist at all.

Back
Top Bottom