Anyone know of any wooded areas legal for recreational shooting/hunting in MA?

Years ago when I was a Junior member of the Westford Sportsmen's Club (1972) I was shooting (Dad Watching) and in between shots (shooting Anschutz 64 single shot) Some kid on a dirt bike came around the berm and stopped in front of my target and looked at it just as I was getting on the sights. That ruined that day as I could not get back into my bubble. So in some instances it does not matter how well you know your backstop.

WOW

That’s a great reminder to never get complacent.

Bob

Years ago when I was a Junior member of the Westford Sportsmen's Club (1972) I was shooting (Dad Watching) and in between shots (shooting Anschutz 64 single shot) Some kid on a dirt bike came around the berm and stopped in front of my target and looked at it just as I was getting on the sights. That ruined that day as I could not get back into my bubble. So in some instances it does not matter how well you know your backstop.

If you were shooting an Anschutz 64... you probably had the skill and accuracy to politely place a warning shot LOL.

Sorry I'm a month late to the party, but here's another suggestion:
If you have a .22 rifle, get some CCI "Quiet" rounds, or Remington CeeBee's. Or hell even .22 short. The idea is you can shoot your .22 rifle without making much noise. I occasionally go into different areas of woods with my .22 and a pocket full of CCI Quiets, to shoot pine cones or anything else that's a natural target. Actually I think the last time I did that was before I had kids. ;)
You should get your hunting license though. Like Jack mentioned, just being in the woods with any gun and the green police might not take kindly to it.

Back
Top Bottom