Anyone know how to remove an ACE skeleton stock?

Trying to get my stock off the old bushie onto the new NES receiver, but I have no idea how to get it off. Anyone know? I've been building the lower up with a DPMS parts kit, and this is the next to last step.

Trying to get my stock off the old bushie onto the new NES receiver, but I have no idea how to get it off. Anyone know? I've been building the lower up with a DPMS parts kit, and this is the next to last step.

Try PMing or calling John at JDL sales (NES member). Look him up under members.

RD

The first thing you would need to do is remove the Allen bolt at the rear If my memory serves me correctly it takes a 3/16 Allen wrench.

and then just pull on it maybe a little twisting and tugging once the front most part has cleared the rear of the receiver.

And then the hard part is the padded sleeve that slips over the buffer tube.

I use a little silicone spray to install and remove and that makes it a lot easier.

Hope this helps.

Got it, thanks, the upper bolt that holds the rubber backing on actually also holds the tube together. Whodathunk it? It just pulled off (with a bit of effort).

NES AR is now complete! (wearing an older upper assembly, I gotta get an armorers tool so I can change the upper to the NES one)

Glad you had an easy time of it.

When I "test fitted" my Ace onto my NES lower, the part that cups the rear of the buffer tube would not pull off. Eventually I put a bolt in, lubed the heck out of the area and tapped the bolt with a brass hammer while twisting and tugging.

Back
Top Bottom