Anyone know how to install an FSB on an AR15?

Your furniture doesn't match.

One time I wore plaid with stripes and my wife made fun of me for not understanding what "goes together." I reminded her that I was a heterosexual and she shut up.

Your furniture doesn't match.

Sure it does. I wasn't sure how much FDE I wanted, so I went with the black handguard.

The carbine Magpul handguards are under $30, so I can always buy another one, and switch them out and see which one I like better. [wink]

The front sight that he bought is designed for his barrel.

My mistake. I was under the impression that the front sight/gas block was secured by the traditional tapered pins and that the barrel was not drilled for these pins.

why don't you just drill the barrel for the pins? You know- with a drill press and a bench vise?

take a pair of vice grips, wrap them in tape, then fabric, and clamp the FSB in place to the barrel.

Square it up to the drill press in a bench vise.

Select the correct diameter drill bit.

Put it into the drill press.

Turn it on (low speed.... 150 RPM, or maybe even 200?)

Crank it down. Remove material in barrel using FSB holes as guides.

Ease off once the material is gone.

Then do the other hole.

drilling a barrel isn't going to magically make your gun inaccurate. It's not going to **** it up if you do it right. And it's not difficult. For christ's sake, I drilled pin slots in a AK barrel with nothing more than a hand drill, a bench vise, using my hands to stabilize the hand drill. A drill press will help you be true to the barrel.

What part of "DIY" do AR-15 fanbois not get? Were you guys born with vaginas or did you grow them after buying your rifles?

JESUS CHRIST.

Sorry Superman

When confronted with the same problem I wimped out and used a clamp on gas block. Easy cheap and effective.

My mistake. I was under the impression that the front sight/gas block was secured by the traditional tapered pins and that the barrel was not drilled for these pins.

Your impression was correct.

Back
Top Bottom