• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know how long it takes for a Replacement LTC

My wallet is swimming with the fishes. LTC was in it. Issuing Authority says they've ordered the replacement. So now I wait. Anyone have any experience to how long the replacement takes to show up? Is it a week, 3 weeks, 2 months?

If its put in right away it should be pretty quick, CHSB is on top of their stuff most of the time and print the card/mail it to your PD rather quickly. However long it takes your PD to figure out its there and get it to you is a completely separate issues....[rolleyes]

I've never lost/ misplaced my LTC, but I've heard that if you do, while you're waiting for your replacement, you are ok to continue to carry as if you had your license in your wallet?

Do you need some "note", or temporary copy from the issuing CLEO?
Ha, I just realized that's a silly question, but I'll leave it. [thinking]

Just figured I'd ask while we're on the subject.

ETA: Nevermind, just found a thread a few lines down with 48 responses on this subject. I'm sure I'll find it there. [grin]

Last edited:
I've never lost/ misplaced my LTC, but I've heard that if you do, while you're waiting for your replacement, you are ok to continue to carry as if you had your license in your wallet?

I will NOT state this as fact, but I do believe that if you are not in direct possession of your LTC, that you can not legally carry/possess the guns outside your home/business (while waiting for the replacement in this case).

I would advise anyone so affected to double/triple check the actual wording of MGL before running on the assumption that you stated.

Back
Top Bottom