Anyone know a QD scope mount like the Warne RAMP? I hate having 3 sights on my AR :(

wolfrage

Dealer
NES Member
So, I have KAC BUIS (because not only do I love shooting irons, but from my experience as an Infantryman I know what it's like to be stuck with a busted red dot or scope and no irons). I also have a Leupold VX-R 1.25-4x scope in a QD PEPR mount (a lot of weight) because scopes can be fun. But because I want to do 3-gun with this AR, I also have a Fastfire mounted on a DD 1 o'clock rail.

The scope is QD because I don't always want to shoot a scope, but the Fastfire is stuck there. So if I felt like playing with a red dot on a QD mount as a main sight, I would still have the fastfire sitting there, and that would get some weird looks at the range.

My ideal setup would be a QD version of the Warne RAMP mount, so when I take off the scope, the fastfire would stay with it. Then I could shoot just irons or toss another sight on it for S&Gs. But they don't make a QD version.

I could get a QD base for the Fastfire and take it off, leaving just the 1 o'clock mount there but empty -- but that just seems like a waste.

And yes, I know the Fastfire isn't really needed when using a 1.25-4x scope, except for time sensitive stuff like 3gun situations, but I plan on switching out scopes.

So, any suggestions short of getting a second rifle so I can shoot however I'm feeling? A QD 1 o'clock mount or RAMP type mount would be awesome.

You want a setup similar to Jerry Miculek if I understand what you want to do.

A picture of your setup currently would be helpful.

http://www.bang-inc.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=4
The setup above is what Miculek uses for 3 gun and he is a monster with it (but that likely comes from practice).

Basically, you want an offset mount for the red dot:
http://www.predatortactical.com/Optics_Sights_and_Mounts/GEN_2_Burkett_T1_OffSet_Mount_p445.html

That one is kinda pricey IMO. There are probably cheaper ones out there.

If you have a scope and a red dot, you will shoot open division in 3gun. With out a open pistol and more importantly an Open shotgun, you are going to get hammered in that division.

Get a good 1-6x scope and dump the red dot

Here is my setup now. It'd be perfect if the offset mount was attached to the qd scope mount, or if the offset mount was qd at least.

yhu2e7yp.jpg

aheda7e4.jpg

egumehen.jpg

I've got one of these NcStar brand QD bases on my one of my AR's. Works good. Holds tight. Comes on/off in seconds. It rezero's my 2x dot with no issues when reinstalled. As an aside, It also holds my dot at a height that I can actually see /use my Irons right through it if it failed suddenly. It was like $30 off ebay. Admittedly, I have no experience with it holding a magnified rifle scope though.
Just google: NcSTAR QUICK RELEASE RISER WEAVER MOUNT MARFQ

Last edited:
I would just carry a wrench and pull of the red dot when you don't want it. My DD mount held zero when I re-installed it

I could but I hate the idea of needing a tool. I mean, this is about making it a "perfect" (for me) build. And finding a qd version of the Warne RAMP would be it. Pop off scope and red dot at once and go kind of thing.

I'm confused. You don't want to carry a tool, but you want to add more moving parts/modular parts to your rifle? Seems like you're adding more points of failure. If this isn't suppose to be a 100% gtg rifle and more of 3-Gun rifle, why stress over having to carry an allen wrench?

I'm confused. You don't want to carry a tool, but you want to add more moving parts/modular parts to your rifle? Seems like you're adding more points of failure. If this isn't suppose to be a 100% gtg rifle and more of 3-Gun rifle, why stress over having to carry an allen wrench?

I'm not stressed. But do you know how many wrenches that I've randomly lost at the range? Or how many stripped screwheads I've had to deal with? :)

And I do not want more moving/modular parts, if I find exactly what I want -- I want to mount the scope and the red dot on the same QD mount so they both go on or off at the same time. That would remove the need for the DD offset mount and therefore would REDUCE the number of parts on the rifle.

Again, my original point was that I wanted a RAMP type scope mount but QD so that I can remove both the scope and red dot at the same time. The only time I need, or want, the offset micro red dot is when running a scope. The scope is usually off the rifle -- my Go To setup is irons and a normal red dot on top or just irons.

I mean you could go with a scope ring mount and run the red dot on top of the scope.

Just throwing out ideas

I originally had it like that -- That's actually why the rear scope ring has rails on top. Too uncomfortable up top. The 1 o'clock position is much more comfortable and quicker to use for me.

I originally had it like that -- That's actually why the rear scope ring has rails on top. Too uncomfortable up top. The 1 o'clock position is much more comfortable and quicker to use for me.

you can get a picatinny scope ring and angle it down so that the dot is lower than the scope. The dot will be upside down, so sighting in can be a pain. But it works well and it will keep everything on your scope.

Tried the scope ring but there's not enough clearance. Lol nothing is ever easy.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom