Anyone know a decent cerakoter?

I know its been bridged in the past, but my experience has been that quality workmanship is sometimes fleeting in this particular industry.

I think I'm looking for someone to cerakote a lower receiver for me, but with a catch.

I have a vintage grey m16a1 original upper and a Brownell's reproduction lower (also grey) but the two don't really match. I was wondering if there was someone out there who knew someone that had a good eye for color that might be able to match the lower receiver to the upper receiver. I don't particularly need it "battle worn" (the upper is in pretty good shape) but a matching grey and maybe some cosmoline staining in the creases would be nice.

Any thoughts? Someone in MA/NH would be nice, say inside the 495 loop or so?

I know its been bridged in the past, but my experience has been that quality workmanship is sometimes fleeting in this particular industry.

I think I'm looking for someone to cerakote a lower receiver for me, but with a catch.

I have a vintage grey m16a1 original upper and a Brownell's reproduction lower (also grey) but the two don't really match. I was wondering if there was someone out there who knew someone that had a good eye for color that might be able to match the lower receiver to the upper receiver. I don't particularly need it "battle worn" (the upper is in pretty good shape) but a matching grey and maybe some cosmoline staining in the creases would be nice.

Any thoughts? Someone in MA/NH would be nice, say inside the 495 loop or so?
Talk to Steve at Northeast Arms on Rte 1 in Peabody. Does top notch work....

Anyone know a ballpark price on cerakoting a lower like that?
I asked Eric at Krazy Kustoms what the price would be for a pistol slide and he said about $100 for one color. I would assume one lower in one color would be close to that.

Are you dead-set on trying to match the color with Cerakote?

Have you considered Norrel's Moly Resin?

LINK: Moly Resin Thermal Cure Colors | Moly Resin

LINK: Moly Resin | A John Norrell Product

Gray-Black – Flat​

Dark gray-black coloration with a flat appearance. This color is a very close match to the early original Colt model SP-1 AR-15 and M16-A1 finish. This is the same product that is purchased from us by the U.S. Military to refinish M-16’s at various military bases and armories.

Gray – Flat​

A match to older gray military parkerizing including some very early Colt and Armalite M-16 rifles.

Light Gray – Flat​

A match to older gray military parkerizing including some very early Colt and Armalite M-16 rifles.

Consider asking around with some retro guys. I'm sure somebody has probably done it and has some pics posted online.

FWIW--Moly Resin is easy to use. You just need an oven large enough to fit your work piece, a $9 Harbor freight air brush, and a compressor.

3/4 And 3 Oz. Airbrush Kit

Good luck with your project.

Dumb question. Can you only cerekote metal? Or is polymer cerekotable (yes its a word. I just made it up) too?

yes you can cerakote polymer , there’s a knack to get it to Adhere and hold up the way is should but to answer the question

yes you can cerakote polymer

It’s been a while since I’ve had anything done by any of these guys, but when I did do business with them, they did an amazing job. Hopefully they’re still doing it. I’m sure others will agree.
Pullman Arms in Worcester
Dave at Saxonville Armory
Of course, Lou with Business End Customs

Back
Top Bottom