Anyone into eating beaver?

Just so nobody is concerned I have a license to kill beaver anytime from the commonwealth. These two f***ers started rebuilding a dam on my land within minutes of a friend destroying the dam with is backhoe. I have shot two more since then, night vision, suppressed 5.56 rounds straight to the beav.

Last edited:
If we have any trappers I was paid $8.00 per pelt tonight, when I was a kid these would easily pay $50 to $80 per pelt. Such are the times yo.

Just so nobody is concerned I have a license to kill beaver anytime from the commonwealth. These two f***ers started rebuilding a dam on my land within minutes of a friend destroying the dam with is backhoe. I have shot two more since then, night vision, suppressed 5.56 rounds straight to the beav.

Suppressed? In Mass.?

If we have any trappers I was paid $8.00 per pelt tonight, when I was a kid these would easily pay $50 to $80 per pelt. Such are the times yo.
Is that $8.00 in the round, or Skinned, Fleshed and Stretched? Hell the Castor is worth more than that!!
The best I ever saw was during the late 80's a blanket was $30.00. Now as far Beaver Trapping goes, It is a $75.00 set up fee, $100.00 per animal. payable in cash. I do negotiate with land owners who have large land holdings for exclusive trapping and hunting on their property and will handle the problem animals for no charge.

Last edited:
Actually there are FOUR; Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Kentucky.

I actually knew that as I’ve been corrected before and still f***ed it up. I once said to someone I’ve lived in all three commonwealths and he said yeah there’s four. I always forget about Kentucky, if you’ve been there you’d understand. 🤣

Is that $8.00 in the round, or Skinned, Fleshed and Stretched? Hell the Castor is worth more than that!!

Skinned. When I was a kid I ran a trap line. Mostly raccoon and maybe 2 fox a month and a few beavers. The old timer who bought my furs was loaded and ran a huge fox farm and trapping shop. I think he gave me a little extra per animal because by the 80s trapping was already an old mans game and he liked that I was a kid doing it. I was easily making $250- $500 a week. Raccoon were $50-70 and Fox paid $80-$120. I was the wealthiest farm boy in western PA. I used my money to buy a new Ford Ranger, I think it was the first model year. First of many bad choices lol!

I actually knew that as I’ve been corrected before and still f***ed it up. I once said to someone I’ve lived in all three commonwealths and he said yeah there’s four. I always forget about Kentucky, if you’ve been there you’d understand. 🤣
About Kentucky??? Isn't that the place, where if a man and a woman get divorced, they are still brother and sister?

Skinned. When I was a kid I ran a trap line. Mostly raccoon and maybe 2 fox a month and a few beavers. The old timer who bought my furs was loaded and ran a huge fox farm and trapping shop. I think he gave me a little extra per animal because by the 80s trapping was already an old mans game and he liked that I was a kid doing it. I was easily making $250- $500 a week. Raccoon were $50-70 and Fox paid $80-$120. I was the wealthiest farm boy in western PA. I used my money to buy a new Ford Ranger, I think it was the first model year. First of many bad choices lol!
Yeah, I did very well during the 80's. to the point that I turned it into a seasonal business. I kept records of expenses and money that came in. Yes I paid, my fees to the government. But I was able to write off equipment and seminars.
How active are you with the State Trappers Association?

Yeah, I did very well during the 80's. to the point that I turned it into a seasonal business. I kept records of expenses and money that came in. Yes I paid, my fees to the government. But I was able to write off equipment and seminars.
How active are you with the State Trappers Association?

Sadly I’m not even a member anymore. I quit trapping back in the 80s when I went off to college. My special license is only to kill them on my own land throughout the year. I still get a trapping license every year but I’m not out here on the farm consistently enough to trap. With the COVID-19 situation I’ve been hanging out here on the farm instead of in the city. It sounds like you found a nice way to stay in trapping and make some money still, that’s great news!

Sadly I’m not even a member anymore. I quit trapping back in the 80s when I went off to college. My special license is only to kill them on my own land throughout the year. I still get a trapping license every year but I’m not out here on the farm consistently enough to trap. With the COVID-19 situation I’ve been hanging out here on the farm instead of in the city. It sounds like you found a nice way to stay in trapping and make some money still, that’s great news!
Well, stop being sad and become a member again, and while you are at it join the NTA (National Trappers Association) These folks are another one the many that fight to keep us trapping and hunting. (Note, I am on the BOD of New Hampshire Trappers Assoc. From Cheshire County, Also The NTA Director for New Hampshire, as well being on The NTA Membership Committee)

Well, stop being sad and become a member again, and while you are at it join the NTA (National Trappers Association) These folks are another one the many that fight to keep us trapping and hunting. (Note, I am on the BOD of New Hampshire Trappers Assoc. From Cheshire County, Also The NTA Director for New Hampshire, as well being on The NTA Membership Committee)

I will and will confirm when I do! To be clear I spend a lot of time and resources supporting 2A and hunting advocacy here in PA. Believe me Bloomberg is here and it’s a constant fight. Last year we finally were “granted” Sunday hunting. The fight continues to remove the restrictions on rifle types we can hunt big game with. I will always “probably” use a bolt action but I should be able to use an auto loader if I choose.

At least you can shoot the damned things. In MA they're a fur bearing animal or some bullshit and you can only trap them, IIRC.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom