Anyone into eating beaver?

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just so nobody is concerned I have a license to kill beaver anytime from the commonwealth. These two f***ers started rebuilding a dam on my land within minutes of a friend destroying the dam with is backhoe. I have shot two more since then, night vision, suppressed 5.56 rounds straight to the beav.

Last edited:

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If we have any trappers I was paid $8.00 per pelt tonight, when I was a kid these would easily pay $50 to $80 per pelt. Such are the times yo.

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Just so nobody is concerned I have a license to kill beaver anytime from the commonwealth. These two f***ers started rebuilding a dam on my land within minutes of a friend destroying the dam with is backhoe. I have shot two more since then, night vision, suppressed 5.56 rounds straight to the beav.
Suppressed? In Mass.?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we have any trappers I was paid $8.00 per pelt tonight, when I was a kid these would easily pay $50 to $80 per pelt. Such are the times yo.
Is that $8.00 in the round, or Skinned, Fleshed and Stretched? Hell the Castor is worth more than that!!
The best I ever saw was during the late 80's a blanket was $30.00. Now as far Beaver Trapping goes, It is a $75.00 set up fee, $100.00 per animal. payable in cash. I do negotiate with land owners who have large land holdings for exclusive trapping and hunting on their property and will handle the problem animals for no charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRT

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Actually there are FOUR; Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Kentucky.
I actually knew that as I’ve been corrected before and still f***ed it up. I once said to someone I’ve lived in all three commonwealths and he said yeah there’s four. I always forget about Kentucky, if you’ve been there you’d understand. 🤣

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Is that $8.00 in the round, or Skinned, Fleshed and Stretched? Hell the Castor is worth more than that!!
Skinned. When I was a kid I ran a trap line. Mostly raccoon and maybe 2 fox a month and a few beavers. The old timer who bought my furs was loaded and ran a huge fox farm and trapping shop. I think he gave me a little extra per animal because by the 80s trapping was already an old mans game and he liked that I was a kid doing it. I was easily making $250- $500 a week. Raccoon were $50-70 and Fox paid $80-$120. I was the wealthiest farm boy in western PA. I used my money to buy a new Ford Ranger, I think it was the first model year. First of many bad choices lol!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually knew that as I’ve been corrected before and still f***ed it up. I once said to someone I’ve lived in all three commonwealths and he said yeah there’s four. I always forget about Kentucky, if you’ve been there you’d understand. 🤣
About Kentucky??? Isn't that the place, where if a man and a woman get divorced, they are still brother and sister?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skinned. When I was a kid I ran a trap line. Mostly raccoon and maybe 2 fox a month and a few beavers. The old timer who bought my furs was loaded and ran a huge fox farm and trapping shop. I think he gave me a little extra per animal because by the 80s trapping was already an old mans game and he liked that I was a kid doing it. I was easily making $250- $500 a week. Raccoon were $50-70 and Fox paid $80-$120. I was the wealthiest farm boy in western PA. I used my money to buy a new Ford Ranger, I think it was the first model year. First of many bad choices lol!
Yeah, I did very well during the 80's. to the point that I turned it into a seasonal business. I kept records of expenses and money that came in. Yes I paid, my fees to the government. But I was able to write off equipment and seminars.
How active are you with the State Trappers Association?

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, I did very well during the 80's. to the point that I turned it into a seasonal business. I kept records of expenses and money that came in. Yes I paid, my fees to the government. But I was able to write off equipment and seminars.
How active are you with the State Trappers Association?
Sadly I’m not even a member anymore. I quit trapping back in the 80s when I went off to college. My special license is only to kill them on my own land throughout the year. I still get a trapping license every year but I’m not out here on the farm consistently enough to trap. With the COVID-19 situation I’ve been hanging out here on the farm instead of in the city. It sounds like you found a nice way to stay in trapping and make some money still, that’s great news!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly I’m not even a member anymore. I quit trapping back in the 80s when I went off to college. My special license is only to kill them on my own land throughout the year. I still get a trapping license every year but I’m not out here on the farm consistently enough to trap. With the COVID-19 situation I’ve been hanging out here on the farm instead of in the city. It sounds like you found a nice way to stay in trapping and make some money still, that’s great news!
Well, stop being sad and become a member again, and while you are at it join the NTA (National Trappers Association) These folks are another one the many that fight to keep us trapping and hunting. (Note, I am on the BOD of New Hampshire Trappers Assoc. From Cheshire County, Also The NTA Director for New Hampshire, as well being on The NTA Membership Committee)

JRT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Well, stop being sad and become a member again, and while you are at it join the NTA (National Trappers Association) These folks are another one the many that fight to keep us trapping and hunting. (Note, I am on the BOD of New Hampshire Trappers Assoc. From Cheshire County, Also The NTA Director for New Hampshire, as well being on The NTA Membership Committee)
I will and will confirm when I do! To be clear I spend a lot of time and resources supporting 2A and hunting advocacy here in PA. Believe me Bloomberg is here and it’s a constant fight. Last year we finally were “granted” Sunday hunting. The fight continues to remove the restrictions on rifle types we can hunt big game with. I will always “probably” use a bolt action but I should be able to use an auto loader if I choose.

Top Bottom