• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone in need?

Whoever grabbs that ammo (you KNOW it's gonna be one of us! [smile] ) we should tell the seller about NES

This is MUCH better place to move some gun-stuff.

I'd be afraid the antis would start a lynch mob if i posted on Craig's List !

Arrr

-Weer'd Beard

It's not as scare as you think. It's coming back in, slowly. Several sources have it. Cabella's has it, but I seriously doubt they'll ever ship to Mass. Also, their prices are a little on the high side.

Nickle said:
It's not as scare as you think. It's coming back in, slowly. Several sources have it. Cabella's has it, but I seriously doubt they'll ever ship to Mass. Also, their prices are a little on the high side.

They pulled a fast one on ya' (I knew it had to be too good to be true)....

The website offer is misleading. It looks like it's available, but if you click on
"add to cart", this message appears.

"The item below is currently out of stock. Click on the Add to Cart button if you would like to backorder this item."
Wolf Ammo Tins
Item number:IG - 216093
Reg: $79.99
CALIBER/GAUGE: 7.62X39 122 HP/640
This item is on backorder.

From what I've been reading on other firearms forums, all the big distributors are out of stock, waiting on shipments, etc. Supposedly, Wolf 7.62x39 won't be shipping till sometime in May.

No one seems to have a definite answer of why the delays. Rumors range from the Russian mob controlling the docks [laugh], the BATFE holding up shipments, panic buying and ammo hoarders, Wolf is filling orders to supply the Iraqi Defense Forces, and Venezuela buying up supplies (Chavez is arming his militia with 100,000 new AKs from Russia).

Last edited:
Relax, its just Wolf. At $25 its old sooty Wolf with gummy laquered cases. Best for bump firing in an AK then scrubbing yer chamber and bore.
I've heard so many stories involving 7.62x39 that I have no idea what to believe. The NY ammo vendors at local shows say its going away because countries are changing their guns over to diferent rounds and when they get corrosive Yugo stuff to sell to us it'll be $200+ per case, the guy at Zero Hour says its held up at the docks and the Govt doesn't want us to have it because shit will hit the fan any day now, etc.
I mean c,mon. Its the most widely used cartridge in the world. Someone sooner or later will have it. Just buy what you can when you see it as long as its for a good price, then pass on the high gun show prices. They'll drop eventually. Worst thing we can do is give in to the old supply and demand deal.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Relax, its just Wolf. At $25 its old sooty Wolf with gummy laquered cases. Best for bump firing in an AK then scrubbing yer chamber and bore.

You clean your AK? [shocked] [smile]

The reason it's scarce right now is:

1. Several Governments bought large amounts.

2. Russian shipping problems on the docks.

3. American Distributors not having valid back-orders for it, therby being on the tail end of the line for it.

That Yugo (Bosnian, actually) corrosive stuff? Really good ammo, but, if you pay $200/case for it, you're a fool. I paid $60/case for 3 cases of it, last year.

Back
Top Bottom