Anyone hunt wearing an Optifade camo pattern ?

I have been interested in some of Sitka's Optifade camo patterns for Archery but dont know anyone who has worn them. Anyone here have any experience with them? From what I understand Optifade Open Country is good for ground hunting while the forest pattern is for tree stands....but im not sure if that is true for East Coast hunters.

Would love to hear any success or reviews.

I don't have any of their stuff.

I do know that one of the guys on that CT deer hunting show (Chasing Tail) wears it, and he sticks out like a sore thumb. Not sure how it looks to deer, but it just doesn't look like any kind of woods I've been in around here (colors or paterns).

If you're in a tree stand hunting White tail be concerned with:

Scent
Sound
Movement

You take care of those three it really doesn't matter what you are wearing.

Scent
Sound
Movement

Yeah, but if you're outside sweating and working all day, they come flocking when you start the 2 stroke weed whacker. Just ask my neighbor. Oh, and I just had 2 walk by the house.

Big rats!

I have the latest milspec MARPAT!
I wash it in odor eliminator soap, Dry it outdoors,
Wearing gloves, I stuff it in a trash bag, sprinkling sage and thyme inside, seal the bag.
9 months later, after taking a cold baking soda bath, I head out to slay bambi.
Carefully dress in my MARPAT, add camoflage face paint, and a flourescent hunter orange vest.
Stealth.

[video=vimeo;68868297]http://vimeo.com/68868297[/video]

Looks good. This on the other hand:
26585d1362620161-best-camo-ever-imageuploadedbytapatalk1362620156.013862.jpg

Not so much. Don't forget:

images

White Feather

I don't have any of their stuff.

I do know that one of the guys on that CT deer hunting show (Chasing Tail) wears it, and he sticks out like a sore thumb. Not sure how it looks to deer, but it just doesn't look like any kind of woods I've been in around here (colors or paterns).

i have read that it was developed with only animal vision I mind and not human.

Scent
Sound
Movement

Possibly. I do a bit of both throught the year though. Found this video yesterday for anyone interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom