Anyone hunt Coyotes on a WMA?

The only WMA reasonably close to me is Quisset and I have had zero luck hunting there lately. Not sure what the deal is.

But my question is more about Coyotes. Anyone had any luck hunting Coyotes on any WMAs in MA? I want to get into Coyote hunting, but have no idea what to do about land.

You have to ensure they are actually there. They may not be. I don't have any tips for you myself, except to.. uhh.. find them. ;)

There are a lot of "open" properties that are huntable throughout the state, not just WMA. A town or state forest isn't a WMA but you can hunt them. I believe the WMA's are specifically called out properties, there is maybe 6 or 8 of them?? I am confident that there are certain state/town parks that do not allow hunting and I suspect you'll have to investigate each one first.

What I would do is locate some other properties and then get a game cam and leave bait and see what shows up. Baiting coyote is legal in Mass.

Also, check local farm areas with small animals or that are likely to attract rodents (chicken farm for example).

We have tons all over western mass, in my immediate neighborhood too.

Really the only thing that is stopping me, well, besides never being able to get into the free hunters course, is what would I do with one after I shot one. My neighbor had one stuffed, but yea, how many times you gonna do that.

Paul.. I was referring to nickux's neighborhood. In the corner of the state where RI pokes in (the armpit of the state, not literally necessarily) there appear to be very few WMA areas.

Back
Top Bottom