• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone here following what's going on in CT with lower receivers??

This place is so bizarre. You know that the AR15 is a banned rifle here, period. Preban is fine but they cost a fortune. However, there's a "loophole" that the state has basically created and now you CAN purchase and build a .223 firearm (or any other caliber for that matter) but it has to be classified as "other". It's not a rifle and not a pistol but an "other". Last week it's estimated that over 5000 lower receivers were sold in this state and the gun shops can't keep them in stock. That's just last week. This has been going on for a few weeks, now, and regardless of what this horrible state's rules are against the AR15 and mag capacity, they are allowing for transfer of all these lowers (in every brand and roll mark you can imagine) being sold by literally the box loads. One has to wonder if there is some mastermind plan behind this by this state but, frankly, I think that's giving them way too much credit. They have missed the boat in so many other cases with firearms here leaving themselves and their regs open for "interpretation" going both ways.

If you haven't heard about this head over to that forum and check out the 7+ pages of posts including links to regs and rules, etc. It's really mind blowing. Me? No way I'm involving this. Know that this state is keeping a full list of purchases and purchasers. I'll keep my head down for now.

You would if you lived here knowing how this state government has acted to firearm owners. It's too involved for me to even explain. Rest assured that on a whim they can void these purchases in a heartbeat by simply reinterpreting their own regs. They've done it time and time again. I just don't want to deal with them. As it is we just sold our house last night (only took 1-1/2 years) and we are moving North to Maine where there is still free air. Up there I'll have a lot more options.

You would if you lived here knowing how this state government has acted to firearm owners. It's too involved for me to even explain. Rest assured that on a whim they can void these purchases in a heartbeat by simply reinterpreting their own regs. They've done it time and time again. I just don't want to deal with them. As it is we just sold our house last night (only took 1-1/2 years) and we are moving North to Maine where there is still free air. Up there I'll have a lot more options.
crossing the piscataqua in a moving truck is a real nice feeling. did it myself a few years ago.

Lol some of us are done being afraid of our own shadows, they can potentially long term do this shit anywhere and eventually a time may come where you're faced with the prospect of not giving a shit what the state thinks about your guns or little metal or plastic boxes that go into the magazine well, etc.

SFLU etc has already seen from the stupid mag ban that there literally is no unringing the bell, with the noncompliance rate in play.

"... what's going on in CT with lower receivers??"
Carnac the Magnificent: "What is being built up into rifles...?!"

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJibmNvcmUiLCJrZXkiOiJ3cC1jb250ZW50XC91cGxvYWRzXC8yMDE4XC8xMFwvY2FybmFjMy5qcGciLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjY2MCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo0MjAsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

If you haven't heard about this head over to that forum and check out the 7+ pages of posts including links to regs and rules, etc. It's really mind blowing. Me? No way I'm involving this. Know that this state is keeping a full list of purchases and purchasers. I'll keep my head down for now.
What forum?

I'd buy 50 if I were in CT.
I wonder if they have high end lowers like Noveske, or is it all the $30 lowers by Anderson.

What forum?

I'd buy 50 if I were in CT.
I wonder if they have high end lowers like Noveske, or is it all the $30 lowers by Anderson.

Hoffman's has been selling "Others" for quite a while now. I saw a couple of them in friends' hands last summer.

Here's one screenshot:

1582662007703.png

Stag Arms is trying to unload all the blemished lowers they have in inventory.

Time to Act for our CT Friends!
Hey, hope you're having a great Friday and planning some range time this weekend. We know that you've been getting a lot of email from us lately but we've got one more here because it is time sensitive.

What's the situation? Years ago so-called "assault rifles" and receivers were banned in Connecticut. Recently Connecticut Public Act 19-6 passed to prevent the manufacturer of "Ghost Guns" (80% or less lower receivers).

What does this mean for CT? In order to require that 80% receivers are reported and serialized they had to open the door for people to get an already serialized and stripped lower for assembling.

What this means for you: To help our friends in Connecticut out we opened up a box of blemished receivers and listed them on the site. They're on sale and only available until they're gone. Even if you're not in CT, you can take advantage of this great deal.

A gender neutral lower has thus been produced in CT called “other”. How ingenious of the CT progs to be fair to the modern sporting rifle using the correct pronoun.

Ummmm I’ve lived in MA. I know what the law says and what the politicians want me to believe it says.
They aren’t the same thing. But you do you.

Stop spreading fear uncertainty and doubt. That has never happened in CT. Even back in the 90s when they retroactively decided that certain AKs sold by Hoffman's were AWs.

The reality is that if you buy one of these loophole "firearms"and a new law is passed, they will be grandfathered.

The reality is that AR lowers have NEVER been illegal in CT. Even after the ban.

Shortly after the ban, Stag started selling .22LR cal complete rifles. Rimfire rifles were originally not addressedand then in revised legislation, rimfires were allowed one evil feature.

That meant that rimfire rifles could be configured in the traditional "postban" configuration and be legal.

Stag sold these guns with standard AR uppers and lowers and never had any trouble.

Further - an AR lower is no different than a Rem 1100 receiver or a Glock frame. either can be built into a legal rifle/handgun in the state of CT, and either can be built into an illegal AW.

Nobody talks about Rem 1100 receivers being illegal. Why not? Its the same thing.

I mentioned this to Vincent Imbibbo of the CT DESPP Special firearms unit. His response was "you raise a great point, that's interesting".

I asked him to put that in an email, he refused.

The bottom line is that the law is the law. I saw this hole 7 years ago. When I mentioned this most dealers nodded in agreement, but refused to sell lowers.

If I was still living in CT and still had my FFL, I'd have been selling lowers for the last 7 years. I'd probably have my customers sign something acknowledging that they understand that if they build it into a detachable magazine, semi-auto AR they will be breaking the law. But that's it.

Back
Top Bottom