Anyone hear Anthony's pro 2A discussion on Opie & Anthony this morning.

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I'm not a big O&A fan, but I was listening this morning when the topic of Obama's hatred for gun owners came up. Anthony, who I guess is a huge gun owner and pro 2A supporter started going nuts on the subject. My drive to work takes about an hour and during that entire drive there were a slew of callers both for and against the 2A. What suprised me the most was that Anthony smashed each anti 2a caller's unsupported rantings with direct Obama quotes proving his point that he's after gun owners and actual facts proving the effectiveness of gun ownership against crime, etc'. It was awesome to listen to. O&A have a huge listener base across the country, so it's interesting to hear someone like this take an actual stand and have a lucid argument supporting this beliefs. Not the typical idiotic dribble that I've come to expect from them. I'm still not a huge fan of the show, but I was impressed with the message he was putting out today.

I always liked thoes guys. I don't listen to much now but when they used to be on in Boston I was a huge fan. However they are on WBCN and so is "Toucher and Rich" who are pro-Obama.[angry]

I was listening to that too. I like when Anthony askes the caller: "So what do you consider an "assault rifle"?. The guy says something like: "I dunno, any of them that fire semi-automatically?" What a friggin goon.

I always liked thoes guys. I don't listen to much now but when they used to be on in Boston I was a huge fan. However they are on WBCN and so is "Toucher and Rich" who are pro-Obama.[angry]

I like Toucher and Rich but yeah, their pro-Obama swaying is kind of annoying.

I go through spurts of listening and not listening to them for a while. I always love it when Anthony goes off on gun subjects. He really has his stuff together and can stand up and argue with the best of the antis with factual arguments and figures.

Anthony knows his guns, is a huge 2A supporter and doesn't trust the government at all. He'd fit right in with this group [smile]. I've always liked their show. They've got a lot of LEO fans.

Entertainers should stay out of politics. Why would they chance turning off half their audience ?

Entertainers should stay out of politics. Why would they chance turning off half their audience ?

I disagree. I think idiot entertainers should stay out of politics. Most of the entertainers who speak politics (Hollywood) have no friggin idea what they are talking about. But if an entertainer actually knows his sh!t? I have no problem with that.

darn wish I heard it.... I've been listening to crap since my car is in the shop and NPR is all election erection crud.

I disagree. I think idiot entertainers should stay out of politics. Most of the entertainers who speak politics (Hollywood) have no friggin idea what they are talking about. But if an entertainer actually knows his sh!t? I have no problem with that.

Very true.

Meaning one you agree with [wink][laugh]

I listen to O&A every morning. Today's "rant" was typical. Anthony's a shooter.

I also listen to them every morning. Anthony always goes on his rants but he is very knowledgeable on the subject. He will give you facts and like another poster said use direct Obama quotes in his arguments which usually shuts up the moonbats. The anti 2A callers usually come back with a "uhhh well they bad and hurt kids"

O & A used to be a daily tune in for me but I have not been listening to them for some time, other than bits and pieces. I knew Anthony to be Pro-Gun glad to hear he is keeping up the good fight.

toucher and rich are garbage. their show is terrible, and when they came to boston they had this aire of arrogance over the city like it was some dump filled with a bunch of stupid a**h***s. they can go back to the south were they came from whenever they feel like it. BCN was already sliding into the shitter in my eyes before they came, but after they came it was lights out.

they went from a afternoon O&A show to these morons in the course of 5 years and a lot in between, but its pretty sad to see they settled on T&R.

Cool! A Pro 2A media man!

I caught some of an O&A show...once.

I have such a short drive to work I never get more than a few minutes of ANY program. What is this FM you speak of? All I know is satellite. At home, I have Sirius on something classical, jazzy, or Sinatra.

toucher and rich are garbage. their show is terrible, and when they came to boston they had this aire of arrogance over the city like it was some dump filled with a bunch of stupid a**h***s.

[grin]They must have reached their opinion about Boston by reading the Globe and the Herald before they arrived.
Best Regards.

toucher and rich are garbage. their show is terrible, and when they came to boston they had this aire of arrogance over the city like it was some dump filled with a bunch of stupid a**h***s. they can go back to the south were they came from whenever they feel like it. BCN was already sliding into the shitter in my eyes before they came, but after they came it was lights out.

they went from a afternoon O&A show to these morons in the course of 5 years and a lot in between, but its pretty sad to see they settled on T&R.

C'mon Dench, don't hold back, let it all out. Stop sugar-coating it. Tell us how you really feel![smile]

Ant is a huge 2a supporter, and has quite the selection of small arms at home. A variety of handguns, an AR-15, and the FS2000. He's always fairly articulate when it comes to the firearm debates, which pop up every month or so now.

Having listened to them since they were in Boston the first time, I can say they've only gotten better and better over the years.

Umm... have you HEARD the Drunken Red Sox Recaps? Or any of the hidden audio? Boston IS filled with a bunch of stupid a**h***s. But sometimes, they're the good kind of a**h***. They have said, repeatedly, that they love being in Boston, and really don't want to leave it, esp. now that they have kids and want to raise them here.

Two years. They came on- air in 2006. But, I digress. They started off excellent. They were fresh, they were different. But they became VERY stale this year. Almost unlistenable, really. But they've gotten better again in the last 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom