Anyone have the Smith & Wesson 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip?

I'm looking through my 1911 options. Does anyone have the Smith & Wesson 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip?

I'm not even sure if this is MA compliant but I would love some personal opinions on this beautiful piece.

Also, Would the Nickel make it a bad choice for a CC because of holster wear?

150102_large.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if that model is MA compliant. I don't really keep up on S&W autos. Nice looker though! My nickel finished guns have held up well against holster wear. Just be sure you get any bore cleaner/ solvents off the finish before storing or holstering the gun. That shit seems to eat at nickel.

Some folks will say that carrying a bright gun like that draws too much attention. It's too "indiscreet". I can see their point, but if you end up having to draw on someone, it should be too late for that SOB anyhow. [wink]

Thanks 45collector...Good tip about the cleaner.. I'll def keep that in mind.

but if you end up having to draw on someone, it should be too late for that SOB anyhow. [wink]

Haha.. Thumbs up to that!

I heard different company's plating techniques are better than others. I'm amusing SW must have it down by now. "??"

They have one of those at Northshore firearms in Middleton. It's a very nice looking gun.
Does this mean it is MA compliant ? ?

Did you happen to see a price?

SW site says "*Suggested Retail, Dealer Sets Actual Pricing"

Woohoo .. Looks like we have a winner. Just got a email from SW. MA compliant :)

Now to find out how much I can get one for :S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes it is

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 3:41 PM
To: Smith & Wesson Support
Subject: 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip

I’m trying to find out if the 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip (link below) is indeed MA compliant?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...ted=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15709

SKU: 150102 Model: SW1911
Caliber: .45ACP
Capacity: 8+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 5"
Front Sight: Brass Bead
Rear Sight: Steel, Novak® Lo Mount Carry
Grip: Black Pearlite grips with Silver Medallions
Frame: Large
Finish: Polished Nickel Frame/Satin Stainless Slide
Overall Length: N/A
Material: Carbon Steel Frame/Slide
Weight Empty: 30.2 oz.

Last edited:
I *think* they have it for $1200ish

But please don't quote me on that, all I know is it's more than I can afford to spend or it would be in my hand instead of on a shelf there! [wink]

If you're an Ayoob follower, I recall he claims that the ideal CCW is a flashy, highly conspicuous gangsta type pistol for the shock and awe value when the need calls. ie...the mauler will run the other way at just the sight this nickel plated hand cannon coming to bear down on him.

Be sure to carry it Sylvester Stallone / Cobra style tucked into the front of your pants for even more "deterrent" value. :)

If you're an Ayoob follower, I recall he claims that the ideal CCW is a flashy, highly conspicuous gangsta type pistol for the shock and awe value when the need calls. ie...the mauler will run the other way at just the sight this nickel plated hand cannon coming to bear down on him.

Be sure to carry it Sylvester Stallone / Cobra style tucked into the front of your pants for even more "deterrent" value. :)

Haha, I couldn't help my self from chuckling as I pictured that. The idea behind it does make sense though! Who is Ayoob?

PS after watching Rocky all week on REG TV I may have to go rent Cobra now . It's been a way to long....:)

M&M Plimoth Bay Outfitters in Plymouth had one last time I was in. I believe they were asking $950-975 ish. It sure is purdy!

Ayoob...as in Massad Ayoob. The patron saint of self defense shooting. Pick up any gun magazine and there's likely to be an article written by him. He also runs a training school called the leathal force institute up in
NH.

Haha, I couldn't help my self from chuckling as I pictured that. The idea behind it does make sense though! Who is Ayoob?

PS after watching Rocky all week on REG TV I may have to go rent Cobra now . It's been a way to long....:)

nice but...

Hate to be a killjoy...
Looks like they only did half the job. I would want the slide to be polished stainless to complement the polished nickel. Looks a little weird to be half glossy and 1/2 brushed for crying out loud.
[shocked]

Ayoob...as in Massad Ayoob. The patron saint of self defense shooting. Pick up any gun magazine and there's likely to be an article written by him. He also runs a training school called the leathal force institute up in
NH.

Thanks..Do you have a website that refers to Ayoob's idea of the ideal CCW? I googled and didn't come up with anything. Seems like it may be an interesting read.

Aww that's too bad they're discontinued, I wanted one just like that too! Although, I don't have the $1000+ to drop on one, so it's just as well.

Good luck on your search.

I was going to say Northshore Firearms in Middleton has one for sale, but a few people have already said that. It is very nice :)

Last edited:
Off the top of my head I dont know how much but honestly if thats what you really want, then just get it. They also have a 60 day lay away policy that only requires a small deposite.

Yea, I know it's a great looking gun, I'd love to have it. I want to get at least one lower before I get anything else. Maybe I'll get a lower and put a little down on a 1911!

Northeast Trading Company in No Attleboro had a Nickle model in stock as of two weeks ago. I think it was used, listed at $900. It's a beautiful gun - I thought it was new/couldn't tell it was used. The only thing I'd caution you on is that it was awfully HEAVY for a carry gun. If you're going to carry a 1911, I'd suggest a 4" scandium model, like S&Ws 1911PD, or the Gunsite edition.

Thanks for the info :)...

I just registered on Gunbrokers so I could contact the seller. They required a credit card and charged me $1 but it still says "You must have a valid Credit Card on File in order to place a bid or contact other users." when I try to send an email. [frown]

Oh great, so I try and put a different card on file and now I get this message "You have exceeded the maximum number of permitted credit card attempts. As a fraud prevention measure your account must be manually reviewed by customer service."

I JUST WANT TO FREAKING EMAIL THE GUY.....................UGG

Last edited:
There is yet another way. Get a blued one and have it nickel plated and you can get pearl after market grips from suppliers like Ajax. The price for the plating job won't be pretty, but if you can a used blue S&W or any decent 1911, it might not be so bad.

Any gun like that, however pretty, really should be in .38 Super as pistols of that ilk are /were extremely popular in countries south of the United States especially Mexico where .45 ACP and 9mm are not allowed for the civilian population because it is illegal to posess "military calibers."

Mark L.

Thanks for the info :)...

I just registered on Gunbrokers so I could contact the seller. They required a credit card and charged me $1 but it still says "You must have a valid Credit Card on File in order to place a bid or contact other users." when I try to send an email. [frown]

Oh great, so I try and put a different card on file and now I get this message "You have exceeded the maximum number of permitted credit card attempts. As a fraud prevention measure your account must be manually reviewed by customer service."

I JUST WANT TO FREAKING EMAIL THE GUY.....................UGG

Do a search for guys user name on here. I'm not sure if he still comes to this board but he is registered under the same user name. I contacted him on a Sig 229R he was selling a while back

user name: mxcagg

I gotta say whoever this guy is, he has some nice guns that's for sure.

Do a search for guys user name on here. I'm not sure if he still comes to this board but he is registered under the same user name. I contacted him on a Sig 229R he was selling a while back

user name: mxcagg

I gotta say whoever this guy is, he has some nice guns that's for sure.

Thanks so much LT1MCSS, I did manage to get a hold of him. I'll post back with details.

Back
Top Bottom