• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have experience with the UPIN?

So I got my Class A unrestricted back in April, and started buying firearms pretty quickly. I purchased a cheap .40 first S&W SW40VE to be exact and hate it. an older model marlin .22 then my preban Colt A2 AR15 to relive the marine corps days. then the Ruger LC9 for carry (which I love). Most recently was a new model Marlin .22. Long story short every purchase I have made has been delayed. So in may I applied for my UPIN and just received it today (they are pretty backed up). I am curious if anyone here even has one and if so did it shorten any delay times at all. I guess this weekend I`ll have to attempt to make a purchase and see for myself but until then. . .

With the pin, you won't have any more delay times, in and out. Plus since I got mine, I've never even had to use it now in a store.

Charles.

dont be hating the sigma. it has a horrible trigger pull but it makes you shoot RIGHT not just easy. I think its a perfect first hand gun, cheap, works with anything and it trains you for proper trigger control

I called my local PD and they left a message half an hour later with my PIN. Now if I can just remember it.

Also, some towns do not put a fingerprint on your LTC so you will need the UPIN. If you just got your LTC double check to be sure. Happened to a friend of mine who lives in Brockton.

They included the pin with my ltc, but I have never used it, or needed it for anything. Never had a delay, though.

They included the pin with my ltc, but I have never used it, or needed it for anything. Never had a delay, though.

Different pin

Upin is to 4473 what LTC pin is to fa10/efa10. You need your LTC pin if your finger print does not work or if you want to initiate an efa10.

The Upin is for fed approval to avoid people with same name, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I think your thinking of the wrong Pin Terminator03, I just received my upin last week..They say it doesnt automatically not get you flagged. But time will tell

I started getting delayed on every purchase I made since I moved to Massachusetts so I got a UPIN and I have not been delayed since.

It`s good to hear the UPIN has help with everyone's delays. I kind of figured some would think I was talking about the PIN, most people don`t know what it`s about until they need one.

Back
Top Bottom