• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have collapsible stock on shotgun?

Looking at a couple of different stocks like the shotfoce or something from mesa tactical but I don't know whether I want the stock to be straight (like the mesa tactical high tube) or a stock that has a little bit of an angle.

Anyone have any stocks that they use on their shotgun that they really like?

I too am happy with the Knoxx (I own the regular version, not the recoil-reducing one). As for Mesa's stocks, I have read some good reviews about their products, but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Same here. I have the Knoxx on a Mossberg 500. It works great.

Yep I have a Knoxx on my 12 ga, Swear by it, especially when I'm shooting magnum slugs.

They are pretty nice. I have an extra one that I'd be willing to sell. (Sold the shotgun and the stock has been sitting on my bench ever since.)

They are pretty nice. I have an extra one that I'd be willing to sell. (Sold the shotgun and the stock has been sitting on my bench ever since.)

I hate the way it looks but people do like them. If you have a good price for one then I would buy it.

I hate the way it looks but people do like them? If you have a good price for one then I would buy it

I think most people who try them do like them. I liked mine but it's for a Mossberg and I switched to a Benelli.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. (I'm assuming you have a Mossberg.)

I find that the wooden furniture makes a louder racking sound than the folder and scares perps more readily. YMMV

I don't like the pistol grip/collapsing stock set up on Mossberg's because of the top-mount safety. I have to break my firing grip to activate/deactivate it and it is just awkward. An 870 with a standard safety would not have that issue obviously.

The standard stocks feel more rugged to me too if that is an issue.

I don't like the pistol grip/collapsing stock set up on Mossberg's because of the top-mount safety. I have to break my firing grip to activate/deactivate it and it is just awkward. An 870 with a standard safety would not have that issue obviously.

The standard stocks feel more rugged to me too if that is an issue.

As soon as there is an issue that warrants my shotgun, the safety goes off. From there on out my trigger finger is the "safety" YMMV.

Having torn my rotator cuff, my shoulder can become sensitive to recoil. I installed the Knoxx Recoil-reducing stock on my Rem 870 Police Magnum (former PD gun) and can shoot the thing all day long with no problem whatsoever.

NOTE: Putting this stock on any semi-auto shotgun can give you AWB issues, but perfectly legal on any pump gun.

I just installed the ATI version w/the Scorpion pad. Have not shot it yet but I'm not impressed with the pad. Like LenS, my shoulder is a mess and this pad is only very slightly softer than a regular stock pad. They advertise it like it's super soft, absorbing etc. We'll see. I may look at the Mesa w/the LS pad or the Knoxx............

I don't doubt the knoxx is great, but it it's fugly. It would probably be something I would like in person.

I've decided to go with this, but obviously no SBS. It might just be too good looking...

k239094_ironridge870s.jpg

I started off with this cheap ebay find, I didn't like the drop/angle. I have no clue on what brand it was. The Knoxx is Fugly.

IMG_2280.JPG

I've sense switched to a Mesa Tactical LEO Telescoping Stock. I love it. Very tough & great fit.
MT.png

Choosing form over function is the primary warning sign of mall ninja-itis. Seek help.

Choosing form over function is the primary warning sign of mall ninja-itis. Seek help.

There's no doubt I have a small case of that. I just can't use fugly things, especially on firearms. I haven't heard any bad things about the mesa tactical adapter and it's like the knoxx stock just without the recoil reducing part which I'm not worried about. I'll check on the knoxx in person before making a decision.

Back
Top Bottom