• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have any experience with the gunsmiths at Gartman Arms?

I just ordered some Trijicon sights for my XDM 3.8C .45, and saw that they have 2 gunsmiths over there now?
Gartman is fairly close by so I figured I may check them out. Any "Good" or "Bad" experiences with these guys?
PM me if more appropriate

the gunsmith is Tim Gostling. he is physically adjacent to Gartman but they are separate businesses. there are many positive write-ups on NES. search may be useful. I have been using Tim to do my gunsmithing for 3+ years now and have nothing but good things to say.

you're also asking about having sights installed. this isn't exactly high end gunsmith work. for Tim that would be an easy ass job.

I've had Tim order and install Dawson FO front sights on two of my guns. I had him gunsmith (trigger job) on an SR-9 that another well known and respected gunsmith refused to work on. In all cases Tim did an excellent job. He also told me that it was likely him that worked on my G23 . . . Cerakoting it back when he was at 1776 Gunsmithing in Walpole before they closed up shop.

I highly recommend him for the work, his professionalism and quick turn-around. Steve also works with him now. G&N Gunsmithing.

the gunsmith is Tim Gostling. he is physically adjacent to Gartman but they are separate businesses. there are many positive write-ups on NES. search may be useful. I have been using Tim to do my gunsmithing for 3+ years now and have nothing but good things to say.

you're also asking about having sights installed. this isn't exactly high end gunsmith work. for Tim that would be an easy ass job.
thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I'll give im a call when my sights come in.
I know installing sights is not a 'tall order" for a competent gun smith, but surprisingly when discussing gunsmiths down at the Club in Sharon , I've had several people tell me some surprising stories of shoddy work done when installing sights (scratching slides , misaligned sights etc). Better safe than sorry :)

Back
Top Bottom