Anyone have an ICOM ID-52 handheld?

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
It seems like a really good choice for a handheld. It can load repeaters based on GPS location and also includes my distance from the handheld to the repeater tower so I no longer would need Chirp or even need to program the radio. It uses that kind of waterfall display of an SDR so that if I were looking through a band I can instantly see where the traffic is and it also has the old school knob on top for vfo tuning.

My Yaesu handheld is great, runs 100% of the time, has never let me down, but in today's world I can see the advantage of something like this. I have a SpotX which is essentially a satellite phone that can send and receive text messages but this handheld could serve as an alternative since the handheld knows where it is.

One nice thing is it charges via USB so I no longer need a weird connector that I have to hunt down online to charge while in the Jeep.

I've been side-eying one of these as well. If I can get over the not-insignificant price hurdle I might have to take a ride up to HRO in NH for a closer look.

Back
Top Bottom