• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have advice on a CMP order question?

So I sent off an order to the CMP, in my rush I just mailed it and didn't consider sending it with any tracking or anything.

Waiting to hear back, and judging by looking at the CMP forum they should be reaching around when my order would have arrived but I have not heard anything.

Calling or emailing them I am running into two issues:

1) I am putting in a special effort to be as nice and appreciative as possible, because I understand they are behind and will get to me when they get to me. (Would be less of a concern if I knew in fact they received the order)

2) When I asked them on the phone today, they gave an answer basically the same as when I called over a week previously (they told me they were on Jan 6th at that point), and well behind what I was seeing people post online.

Any advice on what to do?

I know it has only been about 3 weeks and waits used to be orders of magnitude longer in the past, but I am just concerned that if I see people who mailed off orders the 3rd week of Jan listing that they have their CC hit and details about their order and the woman on the phone tells me they are just on the 1st week that there is some disconnect.

Hurry up!

...and wait.

Once your order hits, things move slicker than a wad of snot on a door knob. You’ll get an email when your rifle is being ‘pulled’ and it’ll be in your hands the next day.

Use the forums as a guide, but not as gospel. The mail gets put in bins and are separated by day received.

Spend the time waiting - watching disassembly/care and maintenance videos and get ready for your new rifle! Be patient, it’ll come in due time.

I never put tracking on my orders in the past. It’s as close as I’ll ever get to that Christmas morning feeling in my adult life...I enjoy the anticipation.

Last edited:
Hurry up!

...and wait.

Once your order hits, things move slicker than a wad of snot on a door knob. You’ll get an email when your rifle is being ‘pulled’ and it’ll be in your hands the next day.

The undefined waiting is killing me. Really mostly my fault for not thinking to get tracking on it.

Knew I would be waiting just didn't realize it was truly hear nothing (not even of received) and then whirlwind with the processing within (apparently) days.

Not excited about the prospect of if the order never made it in and the wait was all for nothing.

The undefined waiting is killing me. Really mostly my fault for not thinking to get tracking on it.

Knew I would be waiting just didn't realize it was truly hear nothing (not even of received) and then whirlwind with the processing within (apparently) days.

Not excited about the prospect of if the order never made it in and the wait was all for nothing.

I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t have the exact same feelings/ideas when I put in my first order. You’ll get your rifle man...I promise. Unlike ordering from other places, I’ve always been very pleasantly surprised with what I received.

When you finally do get it, make sure you get down to Pembroke at the OCSA matches and put it to the rest!

Is this your first order? If so then they first have to verify your documentation such as club affiliation, veteran status, LTC. After that you will be assigned a customer number. Do you have a customer number yet? I think it goes faster once you have a customer number. At least that was the case for my first and subsequent orders.

Is this your first order? If so then they first have to verify your documentation such as club affiliation, veteran status, LTC. After that you will be assigned a customer number. Do you have a customer number yet? I think it goes faster once you have a customer number. At least that was the case for my first and subsequent orders.

Do they do all of that before they even log the order as received?

Guess that could explain some of it.

Doesn't make the waiting easier.

Do they do all of that before they even log the order as received?

Guess that could explain some of it.

Doesn't make the waiting easier.
Yes pretty sure you aren't in line for order placement until you have a customer number. IIRC they only assigned me a customer number after verifying documentation. They also process your documents in the order the they were recieved. The person you talk to at the CMP should be able to confirm that.

Yes pretty sure you aren't in line for order placement until you have a customer number. IIRC they only assigned me a customer number after verifying documentation. They also process your documents in the order the they were recieved. The person you talk to at the CMP should be able to confirm that.

Guess that could explain some, just seeing people posting that they send theirs off 1/22 and are getting their CC charged while I mailed almost a week before confused me a bit.

I had assumed all paperwork verification would be after they logged it all in but guess I had no reason to think that.

I don't think there's any reason to believe they didn't at this point. Just login to the estore every day and check your orders and status.

I don't think there's any reason to believe they didn't at this point. Just login to the estore every day and check your orders and status.

Yeah doing that, plus checking my cc, and checking the CMP forum for periodic data points.

Just hoping to see some movement on my stuff soon.

Trying to use this to distract me from other things, and the silence isn't exactly conducive to it.

You can sign up to the cmp Estore
They will post a hardcase as ordered when they are getting close to shipping tour rifle
CMP has stated your CC is not charged until ready to ship.

CMP operates at CMP speed. Which for me has been whoah that was quick to WTF its been 8 months.
Dont even ask about the 22lr ammo fiasco that had people waiting years for orders.
It should have been memtioned to ship everything/order with a track number of some sort.

also think of it like this
I heard CMP does not get mail everyday. Post office waits until a full load then gets it over to them. There its dump in bins to processors. Now some processors are quicker than others and some can run into problems with orders slowing them down.
CMP is for the most part Hurry up and wait !

You can sign up to the cmp Estore
They will post a hardcase as ordered when they are getting close to shipping tour rifle
CMP has stated your CC is not charged until ready to ship.

CMP operates at CMP speed. Which for me has been whoah that was quick to WTF its been 8 months.
Dont even ask about the 22lr ammo fiasco that had people waiting years for orders.
It should have been memtioned to ship everything/order with a track number of some sort.

also think of it like this
I heard CMP does not get mail everyday. Post office waits until a full load then gets it over to them. There its dump in bins to processors. Now some processors are quicker than others and some can run into problems with orders slowing them down.
CMP is for the most part Hurry up and wait !

Might have talked to a slow one today, when she told me she was working on the first week of JAN I just was thinking "WTF, that's what they told me over a week ago.". Of course I just thanked her twice and hung up because not much I can do to make it go faster.

Just can't get a read on what their timeline is.

My original plan was to wait 2 weeks between calls but seeing postings about people with orders from 2 weeks ago getting emails threw me for a loop.

Check out the new order timeline thread on CMP forum

Here's a guy who just got his "DBU" (don't bother us) email. They don't really say "don't bother us" but everyone calls it that. It's really an email confirmation of your order.

RM1 service grade x 2
mailed 1/03/20
received 1/06/20
dbu 2/4/20
cc hit-
shipped-
delivered-

The first M1 I got from the CMP took ~5 months to come in. Be patient.

Check out the new order timeline thread on CMP forum

Here's a guy who just got his "DBU" (don't bother us) email. They don't really say "don't bother us" but everyone calls it that. It's really an email confirmation of your order.

RM1 service grade x 2
mailed 1/03/20
received 1/06/20
dbu 2/4/20
cc hit-
shipped-
delivered-

The first M1 I got from the CMP took ~5 months to come in. Be patient.

Have been watching that thread, there was a lot of movement between Friday and Yesterday. It's the people saying they got the DBU on orders from 1/2x that confused me.

If you have an account already you can check the estore. They will update everything there.
Don’t call them. All it does is stop them from processing orders.

Well that's why I started a thread here rather than asking a bunch of questions to them on the phone. 2 minute call once a week isn't insurmountable.

Well that's why I started a thread here rather than asking a bunch of questions to them on the phone. 2 minute call once a week isn't insurmountable.
No idea if true but also heard cmp stacks orders until it will fill the fedex truck. Also they have specific shipping days like wed and monday?
Oddly enough i have recieve my rifles on fridays except one year fedex was late and i sat at my work sat until it came.

well I know folks who have driven down and spent the price difference in gas and food only to pick up a field grade?
You can save $400 and snag the lithgow M1 they have there.

The thought had crossed my mind that if I don't hear anything by end of Feb I should just extend my trip out to Indianapolis and swing by the North Store.

well I know folks who have driven down and spent the price difference in gas and food only to pick up a field grade?
You can save $400 and snag the lithgow M1 they have there.

don’t judge me, lol.

I’m down in GA visiting in-laws and convinced the fiancée to swing by the south store w/me on the way home on Saturday, then back home to Indy.

I’m not looking at M1’s this time though (I think I have all I need with the one the little Italian guy slapped together for me before I left MA in the fall).

I do think there’s room for another M1917 in my musket length section of my safe though (since I sold off a 91/30 a few weeks ago).

The thought had crossed my mind that if I don't hear anything by end of Feb I should just extend my trip out to Indianapolis and swing by the North Store.

I’ve heard the north store is kind of hit and miss...definitely check the forums on that one before making the trip. It’s not exactly one the way’ to Indy, or I definitely would have stopped in by now on one of my 4 trips moving stuff from MA to IN this past summer/fall.

I’ve heard the north store is kind of hit and miss...definitely check the forums on that one before making the trip. It’s not exactly one the way’ to Indy, or I definitely would have stopped in by now on one of my 4 trips moving stuff from MA to IN this past summer/fall.

LOL, you give me too much credit for not being desperate. I am flying in and out of Indy for work. This would be a 4 hr each way boondoggle.

If I pinched my pennies and could afford another, the North Store is 2 hrs from my inlaws on the OH/PA line. Of course I was not interested in waiting until I was out there again so I did the mail order.

I just had a thought reguarding the cmp. I know being a federally prohibited person making a purchase at a gun store will bring problems eventually. But what about a purchase at the cmp ? Same thing I guess ?....

I just had a thought reguarding the cmp. I know being a federally prohibited person making a purchase at a gun store will bring problems eventually. But what about a purchase at the cmp ? Same thing I guess ?....

They do a NCIS check and you sign forms certifying yourself on all the details. The 2nd page is also notarized.

"have not been convicted of any federal or state felony or violation 18 U.S.C. §922, and am not a member of any organization that advocates the violent overthrow of the United states government. "

Nope, but a 2 minute phone call once a week made by thousands of people can become insurmountable. They don't have phone staff there. Just some of the people also answer phones. Sometimes questions more important than "did you get my order?" actually come in.

Just relax and check your estore account. That gets updated as orders are processed. I've never heard anyone say their order never arrived.

Nope, but a 2 minute phone call once a week made by thousands of people can become insurmountable. They don't have phone staff there. Just some of the people also answer phones. Sometimes questions more important than "did you get my order?" actually come in.

Just relax and check your estore account. That gets updated as orders are processed. I've never heard anyone say their order never arrived.

If the problem is that big, it is up to them to have an alternative stream of supplying the frequently requested information.

If they just had a page that they said what day they were processing I would have called 0 times. They have their locations and hours on the phone menu before you get to the routing tree, for the same type of reason.

I am spending my time complaining on here rather than calling them, because I realize repeatedly calling them is not going to make it go any faster.

If the problem is that big, it is up to them to have an alternative stream of supplying the frequently requested information.

If they just had a page that they said what day they were processing I would have called 0 times. They have their locations and hours on the phone menu before you get to the routing tree, for the same type of reason.

I am spending my time complaining on here rather than calling them, because I realize repeatedly calling them is not going to make it go any faster.

Ok, it seems you are very busy and important so I'll try to make this easier.

They are busy processing orders so follow these steps.

1. Look at YOUR estore account for an update on your order.
2. wait.

Ok, it seems you are very busy and important so I'll try to make this easier.

They are busy processing orders so follow these steps.

1. Look at YOUR estore account for an update on your order.
2. wait.

I said at the top of the thread, the biggest person at fault is myself. I should have just paid to track the delivery of my order and then STFU.

I have plenty of suggestions for improving their process, but they never asked for my input and fairly sure they aren't interested.

Back
Top Bottom