• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a Savage 10BA with a Larue scope mount on it?

I have a friend that picked up a Savage 10BA and wanted to use a Larue QD mount on it (specifically the OBR LT-111), but it seems the rail isn't 1913 std. He's been going round and round with Savage and they swear it's in spec. They've even sent him a new rail which still won't allow the mount to attach when he tried it today. We've tested the Larue mount on an AR-15 and it had no issues. I just want to see if someone out there has tried this and if they were successful. I feel really bad for this guy as he's had this rifle for close to three months and hasn't even put a round in the chamber because of this problem. Thanks if you can shed any light on this situation.

Wow, I'm kinda surprised no one answered this thread with some good info. Well my buddy had the new rail come in and the OBR mount still wouldn't work. I had him give it to me and the rail is out of spec for Mil Std 1913. You can see it really easy by lining it up with another rail. Kinda scary that I used a UTG rail I had pulled off another gun to compare. Even they had it right.

Since the OBR mount has a wide spacing between its slots that go into the rail it would be off by a few mm when you tried to put it on. The 1.93(LT-135) mount works since it's a lot closer. I've told my friend that he's fighting a losing battle and he has two decisions, either return the rifle or go with the LT-135. I'm pretty sure he's going with the new mount. That trigger is too sweet to give up.

We called Savage and they said it was within spec for Mil Std 1913. When I measured it with my mic it was close, but if I remember correctly the slots were about .02 too large. So after about 8 slots it's too far off for something within spec that needs to attach.

If you want to run that Larue mount, I'd seriously concider pulling off that funky savage rail setup, as it's a known issue for low mounting scopes with large objectives, and mounting screws comming loose. (and I'm not really a fan of excessive rail real estate.) And install a simple setup like the Badger rail with a 20MOA cant on it. Like this

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/25...pe-base-savage-10-through-16-round-rear-matte

If you want to run that Larue mount, I'd seriously concider pulling off that funky savage rail setup, as it's a known issue for low mounting scopes with large objectives, and mounting screws comming loose. (and I'm not really a fan of excessive rail real estate.) And install a simple setup like the Badger rail with a 20MOA cant on it. Like this

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/25...pe-base-savage-10-through-16-round-rear-matte

Or DNZ might make a mount for the rifle as well.

Back
Top Bottom