Anyone have a Ruger Wrangler?

roccoracer

NES Member
I would like a single action .22 revolver but dont want to spend single six money. The Wrangler seems like a solid option. I currently have a Ruger lcr .22 and a Rohm RG66. The LCR trigger is horrible and the Rohm is wearing out. Please share your experience.

I would like a single action .22 revolver but dont want to spend single six money. The Wrangler seems like a solid option. I currently have a Ruger lcr .22 and a Rohm RG66. The LCR trigger is horrible and the Rohm is wearing out. Please share your experience.
Imo you can't go wrong with any Ruger single action pistol. I don't have a Wrangler but I do have a single 10. Well built and a great range gun and also a good hunting tool for small game.

The only difference between the single 6/10 and the Wrangler is the alloy frame and the lack of adjustable sights. All the internals are the same so I'd say a Wrangler would be a great buy. I've done plenty of research on the Wrangler and have heard no negatives.

As you are already a Ruger owner you know that Ruger customer service is amazing so even if you get a lemon and have issues they will make it right.

I was in one of the many LGS's very recently and they had one. I asked to handle it as I was curious about a "budget" single action. I was impressed by the heft of it. By looks alone and the price, one would think it was a cobbled together, all alloy/maximized use of polymer pistol. It was not. It felt very sturdy, good fit and finish, solid positive lock to it. If I were in the market for a single action to ride in my hiking bag, or casual woods plinking, or range use I wouldn't hesitate. The sights are small, but I don't mind, aim small miss small. Guess my eyes are good enough that such things don't bother me yet.

So in short, I was impressed by the quality of it considering the price point. I think you're the exact target buyer for such a pistol. Quality, affordable and useful pistol. No, its not a Single Six, but nor is the price tag. It doesn't have a "budget" feel to it. I like em.

ETA: I asked to dry fire it and did so. The trigger was nice and crisp, no complaints. The action and loading gate were all firm and positive in their manipulation.

Nice little gun; I bought some for my shop. One of them wound up under the tree for Luv2BFree.

It's basically the same size and shape as a Single Six, and can use grips and holsters made for the Single Six. Fixed sights, alloy frame and the finish is Cerakote rather than bluing, which let Ruger chop the price down considerably. The lockwork is similar to the Single Six, with a transfer bar, but the cylinder can be rotated in both directions when the loading gate is open, unlike the Single Six.

IMHO, it's designed to be a Heritage Roughrider killer - not a lot more expensive, but people will pay more for the Ruger name. If you don't mind the fixed sights (I prefer adjustable, myself), it is a very solid, nicely made little gun. (I sell them at $199; I wonder what shops in MA are getting?)

Called Four Seasons who told me their first shipment was completely spoken for and they already have a bunch of names waiting for their second batch. Ruger has obviously hit a sweet spot with this product. They are also asking $199.

In!

Think-Ruger-1.jpg

Great gun for that price. I was ready to pounce but saw a like new stainless Single Six at FS and couldn't stop myself. The price was really good so it came home with me. I'd get one otherwise. Gonna be a lot of these sold.

Picked one up today. Seems well made. For that price you really can't complain. Collectors still had a black one left.

Just picked one up. I like the sight arrangement. Hopefully they're dead on.
It's a 22 handgun......your elevation will only be "dead on" at a specific distance. 22 handguns have quite an "arc" trajectory. You just have to practice and know your holds at different distances. It's part of the charm.

Picked one up today at KTP. They are on sale for $169.
Amazing price! I had to put some gun sight tape on mine because the front sight is so thin I could barely pick it up. But that's my only complaint. The fun to price ratio is off the charts for this gun. Big winner for Ruger.

Nice revolver. If you can afford it though, I'd still buy the Single Six. Wiegand makes a sweet scope/red dot base that mounts to the rear sight screw holes (no tapping). The adjustable sights and option for the base make the price difference money well spent

Back
Top Bottom