Anyone have a line on an FA-10?

I've got a sale pending for tomorrow, I'm out of forms and I'm certainly not using the electronic system.

Does anyone know of any PDs that have forms available? Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.

Took me about 2 minutes to do a E-FA-10 yesterday... got the info from the seller, did it online and met him at a location for the transfer... it was just so painless.

Martha..

They will kick the pdf back and send you a numbered, one copy FA10. Chasing down the buyer is a pain and makes a easy transaction more difficult for everyone.

For the record Glide, I have one here, if you want it and it bails you out, you are welcome to it.

Thank you, and I appreciate the offer, but I likely won't be able to get out to western Mass before this evening.

I may just bite the bullet and go through an FFL.

I was just thinking.... ut..oh.. The number is the problem? If I fax it to you, number side and trash it after that, you can make copies and that would be all you need?

Actually, looking a little close, I would need to fax the other 2 copies, seller and buyer as well...

Last edited:
Last one I did kicked back, and that was a month or so ago. I resorted to the e-form [sad]

what he said....^^^^^ mine got sent back about two weeks ago.
they won't take the PDf's anymore.
you need your pin number but,
I used the electronic system, and it was painless.

Last edited:
why wouldn't you use the electronic system?

Some people don't like using it. The other problem is it creates issues if a decision is made to perform a transfer/trade on the spot.

I'll give you a fun example- I went to a gun shop to do a transfer before and they told me they couldn't do it because the owner wasn't there. I still wanted to sell the guy the gun, so I just burned up a personal FA-10 on the spot to do it, and one of the staffers printed out one of the PDF ones, we filled it out, signed it, photocopied it, and mailed it in. There is no way in hell we could have used E-FA-10 to do that transfer on the spot like that unless one of us had a smartphone and was really savvy with the thing. It's probably doable, but tedious.

There's also the problem where some people meet up to do horse trading at the range and what is going in what direction is not decided until the meet occurs- so have fun filling out an E-FA-10 on the range in the middle of tinbuck 3 with no cell reception.

Not having paper FA-10s available is bad for a variety of reasons. Even if you -like- using E-FA-10, there are occasions where having the paper form is way more useful/viable.

-Mike

Last edited:
Some people don't like using it. The other problem is it creates issues if a decision is made to perform a transfer/trade on the spot.

I'll give you a fun example- I went to a gun shop to do a transfer before and they told me they couldn't do it because the owner wasn't there. I still wanted to sell the guy the gun, so I just burned up a personal FA-10 on the spot to do it, and one of the staffers printed out one of the PDF ones, we filled it out, signed it, photocopied it, and mailed it in. There is no way in hell we could have used E-FA-10 to do that transfer on the spot like that unless one of us had a smartphone and was really savvy with the thing. It's probably doable, but tedious.

There's also the problem where some people meet up to do horse trading at the range and what is going in what direction is not decided until the meet
occurs- so have fun filling out an E-FA-10 on the range in the middle of tinbuck 3 with no cell reception.

Not having paper FA-10s available is bad for a variety of reasons. Even if you -like- using E-FA-10, there are occasions where having the paper form is
way more useful/viable.

-Mike

Agreed 100%.

I have been using the E FA-10 with no problems, but that does not mean I want to see the FA-10's go away. There are no doubt plenty of situations for an FA-10. I just don't have the power to do much about it.

Agreed 100%.

I have been using the E FA-10 with no problems, but that does not mean I want to see the FA-10's go away. There are no doubt plenty of situations for an FA-10. I just don't have the power to do much about it.

Well, that part isn't true.... bringing the issue to the attention of your local rep or senator is appropriate. They might not be able to do much of anything, but if CJIS gets enough calls from important people, they might get sick of getting those calls, if you catch my drift.

-Mike

I know how you feel, Glide.

I tried to do a sale on the electronic form twice, on two different computers. First time I couldn't get in, second time I had no confirmation/crash on confirm request, and this was less than a month ago.
Went to my Police Station (Norwood), said they had none and they said they won't get any.
What choice do I have? Do they actually send you a numbered FA-10 form if you send in the PDF one?

Depending on where you are on the North Shore have you checked with Lynn PD? I'm not thrilled with the idea of having to use an e FA 10,if I want the paper version why can't I have it. What do you do if you have no internet access and 40% of Ma residents don't have internet access.

Well, that part isn't true.... bringing the issue to the attention of your local rep or senator is appropriate. They might not be able to do much of anything, but if CJIS gets enough calls from important people, they might get sick of getting those calls, if you catch my drift.

-Mike

Done, just left another message at my State Rep James Welsh, anyone interested in the number 413-737-7756

Back
Top Bottom