• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a Glock rear sight tool in metrowest?

kalash

NES Member
Last time I removed the rear sight with a punch and pretty much destroyed it in the process. This time I'd like to hold on to the OEM sights but I also don't want to spend $100+ on the special tool so hoping I can borrow it from someone local.

Last time I removed the rear sight with a punch and pretty much destroyed it in the process.
dude, you are done. :)

an unforgivable admission of a weakness - you will be eaten alive now. an operating operators rips rear sight out with the bare fingers, like they did it during both world wars.

The problem I see with that is the the stock rear sight doesn't have straight vertical walls. The new sight will go in no problem - tap it in with a punch and done. But the OEM one has angled sides.

Edit: you can see what I mean here. But this tool costs more than my new sights!

maxresdefault.jpg

The problem I see with that is the the stock rear sight doesn't have straight vertical walls. The new sight will go in no problem - tap it in with a punch and done. But the OEM one has angled sides.

Edit: you can see what I mean here. But this tool costs more than my new sights!

View attachment 718114
That’s the one I have. Around where exactly? I have to go out around Boston tomorrow anyway.

Yea… I’m too lazy to work out a time to meet. Amputee is pretty close to you or I could just mail you mine and it would probably arrive on Wednesday.

I have one like Coda posted and one like SKumar posted. The Amazon one has either vertical or sloped sides depending on your sight needs. The only issue with it was that it was metal on metal. I used to use thin pieces of carboard between the slide and the tool. The newer one I got like Coda posted has some sort of material to hold the slide once you get it centered. If someone can't hook you up I'm sure I could drive out that way late week or weekend.

I'm in Framingham and work up near Hanscom.
I have one of the inexpensive ones that does straight and angled sights. If we both go to practice at the club tonight, I can hand it to you there.

Then, when my new sights arrive, we can meet up to hand it back.

Back
Top Bottom