• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone have a Glock 17??

Do you like it?? Do you love it?? I'm considering getting one, because I love my husbands Glock, but it's .40 and I prefer 9mm. Any suggestions/?

17 is a little big for carry, 19 is better. Both shoot great.

Looking for a shooter get the 17
Looking for carry and shooter 19

Yes I just love it I think its the best carry ever but I am a big guy ,
I carry the gun always and no one knows
It shoots Great

I'm pretty small, but I want it to be my IDPA/home defense weapon.. I'm shooting an M&P9c now, and want to switch to the G17..

I'm pretty small, but I want it to be my IDPA/home defense weapon.. I'm shooting an M&P9c now, and want to switch to the G17..

If you have small hands you may want to look at the G19 instead.

BUT, if you handle a G17 and it feels good in your hands, then by all means get that.

In the end, it's what fits you as a shooter and what you can shoot well.

I use a 19 for IDPA and a carry piece, conceals well and does the IDPA game well too.

And yes, I like it.

Last edited:
I have never liked the glock 17/22 pistols. I have the m&p fullsize which has a great trigger, no mag safety, and trijicon night sights (Law Enforcement model) that I absolutely love. I also have the M&P compact which is much much different to shoot.

If he has the 22, then the 17, of the same vintage, feels the same until the round fires. If he has the 23, then similar to the 19, 27 to 26, you got the idea. The key there is the same vintage. With 4 different vintages, there are significant differences between them in grips. In MA it will be more difficult, but if you like what he has, then you should buy the same vintage in the 9 mm version of that type (full sized, compact, sub compact, etc).

I have had one for years; my wife swiped it, shot it well, and made it hers. I bought her a Walther P99 in 9mm (for the adjustable grips aspect) and she loves it as well. She never returned my G17.....bottom line is that it is too large for her to carry in a holster, but she shoots it well and likes it for range/home defense use.

The Glock 17 is a very reliable and accurate firearm. I shoot one but prefer the rgonomics of the S&W 99 or S&W M&P9 - the adjustable grip panels are a great feature of the S&W's.

Back
Top Bottom