• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone have a g42?

jron

NES Member
I want to try out a 42, would like to try before I buy. I was thinking of getting small pistol for summer time. Im biassed to glocks and do not like the shield I have tried to like them just do not like them.

I am a member at westford sportsmans club, willing to meet within the area. I will supply the ammo. and can bring the tavor in exchange [smile]

Thanks

And take your anti glock propaganda somewhere else.

I want to try out a 42, would like to try before I buy. I was thinking of getting small pistol for summer time. Im biassed to glocks and do not like the shield I have tried to like them just do not like them.

I am a member at westford sportsmans club, willing to meet within the area. I will supply the ammo. and can bring the tavor in exchange [smile]

Thanks

And take your anti glock propaganda somewhere else.

Own several Glocks, have carried and shot all, and I simply feel carrying the G26 is best for my summer carry....Feels better in my hand and I simply don't feel that a 42 has any use for me. I've never EVER had an issue with my 26, and have put about 10,000 rounds thru it. Plus my kid shoots it and she loves it too. (17 yr old daughter. Calls it "her baby Glock". She's MY baby!! LOL)

Last edited:
There are a few other .380 subcompacts out there that you might be interested in checking out before committing to a Glock. The Keltec and Ruger models are pretty prolific. I don't have any experience with the Glock model but I have to say that between the Ruger and Keltec there would have to be something really special with the Glock before I'd be pursuing it. The competition for these small, pocket rockets is pretty fierce. I'd be willing to try as many as possible before committing to one brand. I carry a Keltec in .380 and you almost forget you have it in your pocket. Is it good for target shooting? Hell no. Is it a good defensive weapon? When all else fails yes. I'd love to carry something more substantial but for goodness sakes, you know and I know that that's not possible some times so it fills the bill then. I've got two other semi-autos that shoot .380 but the Keltec is the smallest.

Rome

Let me check my toy box....Just kidding bud, when I went to pick up the 1 I ordered I changed my mind, fit well in hand and was small but I just didn't want another 380. I know my sig p232SL was heavier but ammo was more $ and you know me and my 9's.
I'm sure with all the great people on here you will get to try 1

Last edited:
I saw that. But I was looking for someone to let me try one out.
I figured there must be someone in that thread who you could reach out to. I can't help you. Considering all the Glocks I have, or have wanted, this one just doesn't do it for me.

I figured there must be someone in that thread who you could reach out to. I can't help you. Considering all the Glocks I have, or have wanted, this one just doesn't do it for me.

Need moar glock. At least get a 42 and moar .380 hater get butthurt.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

I saw that. But I was looking for someone to let me try one out.

If you get to the south shore you can test drive mine. There are a few others that are going to try it as well. You might want to take a look at buffalo bore .380 ammo. I chose 100 gr. hard cast , 1150 fps. They have a lighter weight jacketed hollow point at 1275 fps.

Back
Top Bottom