Anyone have a cheap ammo can source?

mark2215

NES Member
I've looked around online and locally but can't find ammo cans for a decent price. I'm looking for .30cal cans. Does anyone have any leads?

Edit: I found some, thanks.

Last edited:
Costco (intermittently), tractor supply (intermittently), amazon, Midway (intermittently). Shipping usually kills the internet deals.

It was a little while back, but costco was selling a 30 cal can inside of a 50 cal can. Forget the price but i bought 3 or 4 sets.

Do you want a USGI ammo can or a Chinese knockoff?

Dave
this is a good point. Costco and TS are gonna be Chinese im assuming. Im not looking to bury stuff in a bunker for a generation, just gonna be in my basement or in my truck.

They do not have any more at the local store. That is why I'm looking elsewhere.

I don't care where it came from as long as it's metal and sturdy. I've seen some obvious knockoffs that were very cheaply made and felt very flimsy.

I've bought them at Walmart for around $10 each. They also had plastic .30 cans for $5. Imported for sure.

Thanks, those are great prices. Have you ordered #2 or #3 grade, if so how was the condition?

I’ve ordered two of these:

And one of these:

No problems with either whatsoever. The 4-pack has been in my garage for various odds and ends (sockets, screws, etc.) without any problems. No rust, no moisture, no nothing. The sockets have a Zerust block in there just in case though.

I intentionally purchased cans that came in crates. One of the crates keeps kindling for my fireplace, the other holds magazines in the guest bathroom.

No idea of condition but 12 for 9.60each

I also picked up 3 of these when I seen them on NES steals and deals for $19 each. Even at $22 for 3 and the tray they are ok. How much weight along with rough and tumble use they will hold up to?

Amazon product ASIN B077N55R2NView: https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC3C-3-Can-Crate-Caliber/dp/B077N55R2N/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=MTM+ammo+can+crate&qid=1573516073&sr=8-3

No idea of condition but 12 for 9.60each

I also picked up 3 of these when I seen them on NES steals and deals for $19 each. Even at $22 for 3 and the tray they are ok. How much weight along with rough and tumble use they will hold up to?

Amazon product ASIN B077N55R2NView: https://www.amazon.com/MTM-AC3C-3-Can-Crate-Caliber/dp/B077N55R2N/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=MTM+ammo+can+crate&qid=1573516073&sr=8-3

I have those too. The stacking kind with one set of three on top of the other. So far, so good. Each of the 6 cans are are well stocked, so moving a full tray can be heavy, but I take each of the three on top out separately if I have to access something in the lower tray. I have them labeled with blue painters tape.

this is a good point. Costco and TS are gonna be Chinese im assuming. Im not looking to bury stuff in a bunker for a generation, just gonna be in my basement or in my truck.

The Chinese cans are more than sufficient and are excellent quality.

Then there are these by Blackhawk.......Made in USA.
image.jpegU

The Chinese cans are more than sufficient and are excellent quality.

Then there are these by Blackhawk.......Made in USA.
View attachment 312230U
I think so. Ive got some from Costco and TS. They dont seem to be flimsy to me and Im really just using them to store ammo and tools either in my basement or truck so they arent exposed to the elements, rough handling or any other out of the ordinary treatment. More than adequate for my needs. As with anything else, Id assume there are people out there who will except nothing less than the original product (which I have as well).

Back
Top Bottom