• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

anyone get a robo-call for ffls?

Only heard the end but was a notification to all Federal Firearm Licenses holders and sounded like a fax number was not working, and list of email addresses that forms could be sent to in the meantime "multiple firearm purchases can be emailed to....when the fax has been repaired you'll be notified in a similar fashion" was in my shop, but will play it later (heard through the door).

Just got it as well. Something about some federal fax numbers that are not working. I am a C&R so I just hung up.

Only heard the end but was a notification to all Federal Firearm Licenses holders and sounded like a fax number was not working, and list of email addresses that forms could be sent to in the meantime "multiple firearm purchases can be emailed to....when the fax has been repaired you'll be notified in a similar fashion" was in my shop, but will play it later (heard through the door).

Yep, I just got the same call. Fax number is down and may not be back up tomorrow.

Goes to C&Rs too,

ATTENTION ALL FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEES:

The ATF National Tracing Center is currently experiencing technical difficulties related to Fax #800-578-7223 and Fax #877-283-0288 and is unable to accept documents on these lines at this time. In lieu of faxing, please submit the following documents via e-mail:
  • Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers (ATF Form 3310.4): Please e-mail these forms to: [email protected].
  • Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Certain Rifles (ATF Form 3310.12): Please e-mail these forms to: [email protected].
  • Demand 2 Reports (Used Gun Reports): Please e-mail these reports to: [email protected].
  • All other miscellaneous documents can be e-mailed to: [email protected].
Thank you for patience regarding this matter. Once the fax server outage has been resolved, you will be notified in a similar manner. FFLs are strongly encouraged to submit these reports to ATF via email as opposed to fax and it is also recommended that a copy of these emails be maintained as proof of transmission.

Yup, I guess their fax machine croaked. You’d figure with the money they get they’d have good quality reliable, antique equipment! Does anyone still sell those machines? Makes me think of the VCR the bailiff used to show us potential jurors a "How to" video. The tapes looked like pizza boxs.

Yup, I guess their fax machine croaked. You’d figure with the money they get they’d have good quality reliable, antique equipment! Does anyone still sell those machines? Makes me think of the VCR the bailiff used to show us potential jurors a "How to" video. The tapes looked like pizza boxs.
Margaret Marsh-shell

I would be surprised at an operation of that size using a fax machine rather than an on-line system to take the fax call, convert to PDF, and automagically enter into a database. When I fax my doctor in a small group practice, it goes to his email inbox, not to a fax machine.

I got it in a letter. I thought the same and then assumed it was because of the C&R. It seems from the above my assumption was correct.

Are you saying I have to learn how to use a fax machine if I become an FFL?

Apparently. They don't distinguish between ffl01 and ffl03 so the message assumes I would have some idea of what they are talking about and that I actually do those things. Nope.

Apparently. They don't distinguish between ffl01 and ffl03 so the message assumes I would have some idea of what they are talking about and that I actually do those things. Nope.
Glad my C&R expired. Ain't nobody got time for Boomer technology.

You’ll all be happy to hear the ATF has resolved the problem with their fax machines: 🤦🏻‍♂️

ATTENTION ALL FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSEES:

Please be advised the ATF, National Tracing Center (NTC) Division has resolved the previously reported problem with the fax server utilized for the submission of ATF Form 3310.4, ATF Form 3310.12, and Demand Letter 2 reports. Although services have been restored and the NTC is once again able to accept these forms via fax, FFLs are encouraged to submit the following documents via e-mail:

Back
Top Bottom