• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone from new bedford?

I'm curious to know if anyone on here is from new bedford and got an ALP LTC A? obviously except LEO whether you got it rite away or started with the sporting or target & hunting and how you went about getting the restrictions lifted.

So is the inconsistent data supposed to somehow have changed then? From reading the updates in that thread, it seems you need to write a letter to the CoP with justification for an ALP. It also states several people on here that have ALPs from NB. Also appears they renew ALP with no issue.

Before you make smart comments I actually do have a job and been working since 4am if your that concerned its called a cell phone with internet buddy... I've seen that thread and I was asking peoples experience in the city

Before you make smart comments I actually do have a job and been working since 4am if your that concerned its called a cell phone with internet buddy... I've seen that thread and I was asking peoples experience in the city

Looks like this person might be a good place to get some info from, they mention to PM for the template they used.

I am in new bedford and just renewed my ltc a that was a transfer from another town. Simple process and got it in a month. BUT was talking to cadet who takes application and he stated that if u don't already have an existing ltc A with no restrictions then the chief is highly unlikely to issue one for first time license but if no issues when go back for renewal it will most likely b changed to no restrictions. Hopefully answered some of ur questions

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I was told when I got my license, when it was time for renewal I could write a letter to the chief to get restrictions lifted but I was wondering if anyone has gotten them lifted before renewal and what was the reason you used?

I am not from new bedford but i live plenty close and have several friends with their LTC A and no restrictions in new bedford. Usually, they'll let you re-apply in a year if you push the issue. You'll get the unrestricted, but you have to play the waiting game. I have heard rumors of recent and pending lawsuits against the city concerning this. I won't comment on the decisions i've heard because i don't have any solid facts.

Last few individuals who I gave a Safety Class to from New Bedford applied for an unrestricted but got either a "hunting/target" or a "sporting". They were told they could come back in a couple years and attempt to get it changed to "no restrictions".

So does anyone know how I would go about doing this? Do I go and reapply like I originally did or apply for renewal... Or should I just try sending a letter over to the chief.

Back
Top Bottom