• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone form Acushnet? how long for your LTC?

On jan 16 I dropped off my LTC application, copy for cert and check at the Acushnet police dept, was told I would hear from officer costa for an interview. Week went by I emailed link on the website, got the automatic response of how he would get back to me, on 1/23 I called the station and was told I would hear from him. Nothing not a word, so my question is has anyone from Acushnet recently gotten their LTC and how long did it take just to schedule an interview?

It took me about month and half two months for me to get mine through Acushnet a lot of the delay is they only have one officer doing the interviews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm an NRA Instructor in town and I believe he does interviews together. Meaning he try's to schedule everyone he needs to interview in on the same day. They also just moved to the new Station House so they might still be trying to get things worked out at the new location.

OK, I called last night and spoke to a woman officer who was able to at least tell me they do background checks before contacting me. My biggest concern as I told her was that im going on vacation in a week and will be out of the country, I don't want to miss his call and be delayed.

Yes , the new station...it is nice to see where my tax $$ goes.

So this Saturday is going to make 3 weeks since I dropped everything off at my local PD, still no word, no call form them, no contact. Each time I have called I mentioned to them that my concern was that I will be on vacation/ out of the country feb6-15, I would hate for them to call me during that time and then get dumped to the bottom of the list because I didn't have the chance to answer. I have not called this week, I don't want them feeling like im harassing them and have them punish me like a bad dog.

Based on my wife's and I's experience (renewals) you should expect that call to come after you're back from vacation. That would "only" be one month. Officer Costa is pretty decent to deal with once he gets to you and you can expect an unrestricted license but not in kind of rush.

I know im just being impatient, that's why im going to refrain from calling again before I leave, just would have been nice to get a call "yes I have your application and will get back to you"

I know im just being impatient, that's why im going to refrain from calling again before I leave, just would have been nice to get a call "yes I have your application and will get back to you"
I re-newed in the last year.
I think it was 2 months or so to get scheduled.
Like others have said, its a one-man show, so keep that in mind.
Once I got the interview I was in and out in less than 10 minutes and had my new LTC in 2 weeks.

Well 5 weeks and still nothing, not a phone call or response to my email. Patience everyone says, but hey a response or confirmation they have the paper work would be nice, the shocker is after 5 weeks the town still hasn't cashed my check!

Ok, I finally got my interview yesterday 3/1 after waiting weeks from my application drop off in January, They called me on 2/29 told me to come in tomorrow. I was prepared with a letter for the chief, passport, documents, all they did was take my finger prints, picture and told me it would be a few weeks before they received my license. The officer didn't ask to see my id, just stated that he knew who I was.

SO after leaving I thought should I have received anything from him so I could check the progress or should I just sit back and assume it will be another month at the state level?

The law says that they MUST give you a receipt. I'm aware that some PDs don't do it.

There are no teeth to that law, but without that piece of paper if it was a renewal, you don't have a grace period that can be easily proven and likely would not be able to buy or sell anything.

No, I didn't receive anything but him telling me it would be a few weeks. At least I have seen some progress and he did state that in about 2 weeks my check would be cashed, so I will sit tight and wait another month.

Back
Top Bottom