• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone fire a Taurus G3?

My point is if you buy one and hate it, and you dump it for $225-250 you're only going to be out under a hundred bucks. Some skinflint will buy it for $250 to save a few bucks.
Exactly why I was thinking of one. The price point
Exactly the logic I used to buy mine. Everyone saying “a Glock is better” well, yes, obviously. The point isn’t that it’s a “nice” gun. I have my $1000+ guns, and my cheap guns. The Taurus is cheap and goes bang every time. To me that’s its purpose and I’m fine with that. OP, just buy it lol. You’ll like it.

Best as a “truck gun“—one you wouldn’t be heartbroken about if it got ruined or stolen
This is what I bought my G3C for. I bought used for 250 to throw in a backpack or tackle box, truck console, or summer carry when I'm wearing a light belt, or whatever. It's not a good gun for the money, its just a good gun. Totally satisfied it goes bang every time, and I like the feel and ergonomics in my hand. I bought some night sights and a cheap amazon kydex for it. Its not like you can't find stuff to carry it in. G3 and G3C are relatively large sellers in the low end market with a good rep.

I have my Glocks too, but there are many more good reliable cheaper handguns that run now. Canik, Taurus, and others.

That said, because of ease of getting mags, and aftermarket products for now the Glock is still king, and if I had only one gun I could buy it would be a glock because of that. Your not gonna scare up Taurus and Canik mags everywhere, but you will find glock mags in most of the smallest gun shops.

Back
Top Bottom