Anyone fire a Taurus G3?

i do not have one, but tried one and did not like it at all. if you want to try - MFS may still have them for rent. try it and make your own decision.
or get yourself a glock, it will be simpler.

i do not have one, but tried one and did not like it at all. if you want to try - MFS may still have them for rent. try it and make your own decision.
Why i have an affinity for cheap blasters

What didnt you like....i have many glocks btw

Why i have an affinity for cheap blasters

What didnt you like....i have many glocks btw
trigger was crazy heavy from what i recall and overall it felt like a cheap glock clone, of what it was, pretty much. having original - what is the point of the clone?
grip was too vertical for my taste, overall i just did not like it. it did shoot when fired, but, i did not feel it to be intuitively 'there', like, a sig p365 was 'there' from a first shot. that one wasn`t.

I have Glocks. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
trigger was crazy heavy from what i recall and overall it felt like a cheap glock clone

That’s interesting. My G3c feels like it has a lighter trigger than my Glock. I know OP is not looking at the G3c, but I believe they have the same trigger system/external features. As far as anything else that I can answer for, the finish isnt great but not terrible, metal magazines, goes bang every time, and has good stippling. Overall I’m very happy with my G3c so I have no doubt the G3 is fine as well. For sub $300, well, why not!

trigger was crazy heavy from what i recall and overall it felt like a cheap glock clone, of what it was, pretty much. having original - what is the point of the clone?
grip was too vertical for my taste, overall i just did not like it. it did shoot when fired, but, i did not feel it to be intuitively 'there', like, a sig p365 was 'there' from a first shot. that one wasn`t.
Hickok45 didn't like the trigger either but couldn't find anything negative about the gun. As above says cheap blaster.

anything negative about the gun
i told what i see as negative - overall cheaply made and it shows. considering the gen5 glock can be found for $550 or so - the price diff is negligent, while the long term implications are not clear.

It's cool I'm not criticizing. I have a rule of buy 5 of the same gun lol. These werr on my list so any one who didn't like it im curious as to why

Hickok45 didn't like the trigger either but couldn't find anything negative about the gun. As above says cheap blaster.
Hop (the angry lesbian at TFB TV) handles Taurus reviews and always does a pretty admirable job of providing worthwhile feedback. Been a while since I saw this the first time, but if I recall, he said the trigger is lackluster. Long and heavy. But he does say for the money, the more recent Taurus pistols will get the job done. Problem is, outside of the wise decision to use Glock sight specs, I doubt you'll find much aftermarket Taurus part support, so you're stuck with that trigger.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUWXWzZTUY

I don't think the trigger is heavy, it's just got a longish take up.

Gut reaction, WAY Better Taurus product than most, but that's not a high bar to reach. The G3/G3c is hurting Hi Point and other trash guns, maybe even eating some Ruger sales, as its not a hard upsell to get people to drop 50-100 bucks more to upgrade out of trash.

I don't think the trigger is heavy, it's just got a longish take up.
long too, but i even found some reviews later confirming that pull is about of 6-7lbs. it was way heavier than a glock with ghost connector i had with me. as it was a rental i did not give it too much of a analysis - ran a mag, and did put it aside never to touch ever again.

also, i am not a snob, but i do mistrusts guns that sell new for less than $500 - it does not mean there is no trash that costs more than $500, but if it is LESS than that - it is not giving much confidence, there is always a reason of why it is priced at that level.

long too, but i even found some reviews later confirming that pull is about of 6-7lbs. it was way heavier than a glock with ghost connector i had with me. as it was a rental i did not give it too much of a analysis - ran a mag, and did put it aside never to touch ever again.

also, i am not a snob, but i do mistrusts guns that sell new for less than $500 - it does not mean there is no trash that costs more than $500, but if it is LESS than that - it is not giving much confidence, there is always a reason of why it is priced at that level.

A stock Glock is 6-7 pounds too, but the trigger feel is better overall.

I have handled a bunch of G3 and G3C, but still haven't bought one, mainly because I can't justify screwing up my gun/trigger"ecosystems" even more. I already have a ton of Glocks and a few CZs, that's enough. I'd rather buy more dupe glock or CZs than some other brand.

A stock Glock is 6-7 pounds too, but the trigger feel is better overall.

I have handled a bunch of G3 and G3C, but still haven't bought one, mainly because I can't justify screwing up my gun/trigger"ecosystems" even more. I already have a ton of Glocks and a few CZs, that's enough. I'd rather buy more dupe glock or CZs than some other brand.
just yesterday i took out ghost connector and placed back polished stock connector and stock polished trigger - it measured at 4lbs sharp. with ghost and polydat it was 3lbs and a bit different feel of the reset which i do prefer to stock. still - it is light. not a SA cz shadow 2 light, but, light enough.

i told what i see as negative - overall cheaply made and it shows. considering the gen5 glock can be found for $550 or so - the price diff is negligent, while the long term implications are not clear.

I wouldn't exactly say negligible. One can find new G3's on sale for $300 or so. So a Glock is approaching double. The Taurus G3's biggest fault is being a Taurus in a Glock/Sig world. That is to say, there's nothing really wrong with this model for what it is, except that everyone is expecting Glock/Sig quality and aftermarket support and skipping over the fact that the Taurus is in a different price bracket.

That’s interesting. My G3c feels like it has a lighter trigger than my Glock. I know OP is not looking at the G3c, but I believe they have the same trigger system/external features. As far as anything else that I can answer for, the finish isnt great but not terrible, metal magazines, goes bang every time, and has good stippling. Overall I’m very happy with my G3c so I have no doubt the G3 is fine as well. For sub $300, well, why not!
I am running a miniature torture test through my G3C. I have right around 1k rounds through it with the cheapest dirtiest ammo I can find and haven’t had a failure( related to the gun anyways) yet. Haven’t even taken it down to clean it yet.

If curious about Taurus, why not a Judge? At least it gives some novelty.

The judge is a big piece of dog meat compared to a G3, tho.

just yesterday i took out ghost connector and placed back polished stock connector and stock polished trigger - it measured at 4lbs sharp. with ghost and polydat it was 3lbs and a bit different feel of the reset which i do prefer to stock. still - it is light. not a SA cz shadow 2 light, but, light enough.

Wtf is polydat?

There's no way you're getting 4lbs without f***ing with striker springs lol

Wtf is polydat?

There's no way you're getting 4lbs without f***ing with striker springs lol
polydat -

no f***ery, just all polished/oiled stock parts, and, yes, a stock striker spring.
4.5lbs-4lbs. :) i measure closer to the end of the trigger - 4, if it slides toward the center - 4.5, but not 5 and definitely not 6.

The judge Taurus is a big piece of dog meat compared to a G3 any other weapon, tho.

Just suggesting: if you want the Taurus experience at least make it novel. My dad had a Judge and it was fun, albeit absurd. At least OP knows what he's getting into whichever way he goes.

Just suggesting: if you want the Taurus experience at least make it novel. My dad had a Judge and it was fun, albeit absurd. At least OP knows what he's getting into whichever way he goes.

The G3/G3C are actually useable though. A judge becomes a dust collector for most.

View attachment 501510

...with more proven and reliable options to bet your life on?

If some guy only has 300 bucks to buy a handgun? There are far worse choices one could make. I wanted to buy one for the hell of it at one time just to beat the s*** out of it to see what I could get away with but I could never justify it.

The OP sounds like he's just fiddle f****** around in which case I don't understand why he just doesn't go by the thing and find out for himself. It's not like he's going to be out some grave amount of money if he chooses poorly.

If some guy only has 300 bucks to buy a handgun? There are far worse choices one could make. I wanted to buy one for the hell of it at one time just to beat the s*** out of it to see what I could get away with but I could never justify it.

The OP sounds like he's just fiddle f****** around in which case I don't understand why he just doesn't go by the thing and find out for himself. It's not like he's going to be out some grave amount of money if he chooses poorly.

To each his own. Speaking of random $300 discretionary things, did you ever get those Sordins? Or was that someone else saying he would do it next time he had the spare cash?

I wouldn't exactly say negligible. One can find new G3's on sale for $300 or so. So a Glock is approaching double. The Taurus G3's biggest fault is being a Taurus in a Glock/Sig world. That is to say, there's nothing really wrong with this model for what it is, except that everyone is expecting Glock/Sig quality and aftermarket support and skipping over the fact that the Taurus is in a different price bracket.
Exactly why I was thinking of one. The price point

If I had your money I'd buy 10 of them to fiddle with.[laugh2]

My point is if you buy one and hate it, and you dump it for $225-250 you're only going to be out under a hundred bucks. Some skinflint will buy it for $250 to save a few bucks.
Gotcha, But, my friends know me too well, I sell too many guns. I try them and if I don't like them or get tired of it because I see something new, I sell it. Oh Well.

My point is if you buy one and hate it, and you dump it for $225-250 you're only going to be out under a hundred bucks. Some skinflint will buy it for $250 to save a few bucks.
Hell, I was saying that if I could get my hands on a PSA Daggr, I'd slap a Holosun on that bad Larry and go come in last at some comps, just for the lulz. I'd do the same for this thing. Might even give me an excuse to make my own holster ;)

To each his own. Speaking of random $300 discretionary things, did you ever get those Sordins? Or was that someone else saying he would do it next time he had the spare cash?

I don't remember that offhand, although I might have mused about that at one point or another. Those are still on my "random gun stuff I need to buy" list.

Back
Top Bottom