• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone FedEx ammo to

Themselves? Have you ever had an issue with FedEx? I would like to purchase ammo when I come across it in my travels and FedEx (ground). Besides labeling it ORD-M is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had trouble receiving ammo from FedEx. I purchased from the CMP and got a call saying I had to pick it up at the distribution center as the local FedEx shipping agent would not handle ammo. Go figure...

Boxes must be labeled "Cartridges: Small Arms"

Fedex insisted on a home pick-up. UPS was OK with drop off at customer center. May depend on the people running the respective locations though.

Boxes must be labeled "Cartridges: Small Arms"

Fedex insisted on a home pick-up. UPS was OK with drop off at customer center. May depend on the people running the respective locations though.

FedEx just delivered 400 rounds of HXP to the house. Unfortunately my wife was there to receive it. FED EX guy was nice and would not let her lift it so he placed it in the house for her. It took two days for her to ask what all that ammo was for and I just smiled and said for the M1.

Fed Ex would not let me do a hold for pick up at a location in RI as they said it was dangerous. I do not know if that was a local decision or company policy.

Ever have any issues with UPS?

I have an account with FedEx.

I have always had to ship from their "customer center". Pplaces like mailbox etc don't seem to be able to deal with
firearms or ammo shipping.

9I can check it with the airlines. I'm just afraid that it will disappear. You know between TSA and baggage handlers. With it hard to come by ammo I don't want them to help themselves to my ammo.

I guess fedex could do the same.

At least you found a company who will ship to mass..I hope the prices are decent... Ive been looking for awhile and havent found a website that will ship to MA yet its a big kept secret in the state lol

Themselves? Have you ever had an issue with FedEx? I would like to purchase ammo when I come across it in my travels and FedEx (ground). Besides labeling it ORD-M is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks

I sent ammo from NC back to my house in MA 7 times since Feb using Fed Ex and have had no problems. You have to drop it off at a fed ex terminal that deals with hazardous materials though.

I also work for an airline and would have no worries about theft of ammo from the ground crew or TSA. I couldn't even count the number of cameras there are at the TSA baggage screening area and inside the airlines baggage room where they come down the bag belt and get loaded into the carts.The only reason I use fed ex is because I never bring more than a small suitcase for a carry on when I travel.

The only way the ground crew could steal ammo out of a bag is inside the belly of the plane. Then they would have to walk from the ramp to their locker room with that box and not get caught on camera or by other employees. Usually when stuff gets stolen its jewelry and small electronics because it fits right inside a persons pocket.

Trust me there's plenty of scum that will rummage through baggage inside the cargo hold and I have seen a few get fired from my company for it. But stealing a box of ammo isn't really possible unless it's a box of 100 rounds or less. As I tell all my friends and family NEVER pack anything of value besides your clothes shoes and sneakers. Put all your expensive shit in your carry on or ship it back and forth to your self!

Last edited:
I ship ammo a lot. I always use UPS, but you have to go to a Customer Service Center like the one on Simon Street in Nashua.

As far as the labeling goes, it is up to you if you want to use the "ORM-D Cartridges, Small Arms" labels, but they are being phased out and being replaced with the international accepted "Limited Quantities" labels. I use those for a few reasons. First off, then your package doesn't tell everyone it is ammo. Second, you're going to have to switch over next year anyways so might as well start now.

Here is a link to a printable sheet that gives you the labels. If possible, you are supposed to use the larger size if it fits on your package. If not, you can use the smaller ones. You only need to use one, but generally UPS is happier if you use two. I usually put them on opposite sides of the package or one on top and one on the side.

http://www.type03.net/ammo/limitedquantity.pdf

I just print them out on paper, cut them out, and tape them on. Never had a single problem and I've shipped tons of ammo.

Packed the ammo in a pelican case applied the label from the link above. They accepted it without question.

Now hopefully I don't have to pick it up at the Rayham ship center.

Thanks all.

Just sent myself some 5.56 from NC last week. They let me "make" the ORM stickers with a sharpie. I love NC!

I was under the impression that no company will ship ammo to MA? Is this thread about people buying themselves when out on travel and shipping back to themselves, or are there companies selling and shipping into MA? If so, would anyone identify them?

Or are there companies selling and shipping into MA? If so, would anyone identify them?

Woah, slow your roll Martha. There are NO companies that ship small-arms ammunition into the Commonwealth Of Massachusetts, that would be both illegal and morally reprehensible. I can't even believe you'd suggest such a thing.

Stop being a retard and asking that question. Idiot

BTW...I just received a nice cpl packages from Fed ex...not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom