• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone ever been to the Sig Sauer Academy?

I have been looking for training classes and found the Sig Sauer Academy is only about an hour from my home.
Since I'm just getting back into shooting, and I have never had any formal training I figured this might be a good place to start.
My plan is to start with the intro class and work my way up through their class offerings and finally getting my Maine CC Permit.
Can anyone offer an opinion?

Thanks in adavance

I was there, but it was back in 2001. Good classes, at least the ones I went to. One day was tactical shooting, the second day was night/low light shooting.

About 2 years ago I took a two day snubbie revolver self defense course there. Can't remember the instructors name (Bert something) but he was excellent. Very well prepared, very knowledgeable and an excellent instructor. The facilities were well laid-out, clean and well-suited to the lessons. I wouldn't hesitate to take another course there. Good luck.

The courses have changed a bit since I last went there, but I would say if you have owned fireams in the past and feel comfortable with loading/unloading and safe handling, go for the CCW class. Should meet any permit needs and teaches a lot more about things you should think about before carrying.

I took the Mass LTC "Orientation" course and it was really basic with minimal range time--but it's required for Mass. Then i took the next course "Basic Practical Pistol", which is still entry level, the following day and it was great--more range time. They start you shooting from a holster in a self defense mentality, which is a great skill to start with. It can be pricey but I'd highly recommend it. Instructors were top notch and real nice guys. Give them a call, they might start you with the "Basic" course because you might be bored in the "Orientation".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom