Anyone ever been to Sig Sauers store in NH?

Can’t go wrong with a 229, nice gunz. I have a Legion 229 SAO that I got at The Mill in Littleton, love it.

If I had a couple hours to wander shops I’d go to the Mill before going to Sig. prolly knock 2 hrs off your drive too.
The advantage of going to Sig is that you get to see and handle their entire line of product. And they don't have trigger locks on the guns, so you really can get a feel for the gun.

I've been to the SIG store and if you like American SIGs, its a good place. That being said, a lot of places in southern NH and Maine tend to carry a lot of SIGs because of the local connection. Kittery Trading Post and Shooter's Hooksett are good examples. American SIGs are very popular in the area.
Sigs are only made in America.

In the market for a da/sa and really like Sigs.

Local shops have had a few various models in stock, but I’m wondering if it’s worth the drive to head to Sig’s shop in NH to really see the full spectrum of availability.

Worth the drive? Any other locations recommended?

I assume they will send to an FFL of our choice (MA resident)
Hey MALTC, this is your lucky day! I just read a tweet from SIG that on 11/27 its SIG SATURDAY!!8am - 7pm. If its cold, dress warm as the line can be long to get in. They will probably be offering classes to at discount, they did the last time I went. Happy hunting!

The advantage of going to Sig is that you get to see and handle their entire line of product. And they don't have trigger locks on the guns, so you really can get a feel for the gun.
That for sure makes it worth the trip. Almost all of us on NES that aren’t new members know how to purchase what we want in the peoples republic of MA- but it’s very tricky to find a LGS w/ all the options and ability to handle them prior. I’ll head up next week- appreciate that further info Len.

This is a direct cut and paste from Sig's Facebook page today.
SIG SATURDAY is back on Saturday November 27th from 8:00am-7:00pm. Come visit the SIG SAUER Pro Shop for special deals on all SIG SAUER products and select wall guns! A SIG Armorer will also be on site to help install your newly purchased accessories!

2 years ago it was bitter as hell standing outside for a couple hours waiting to get into the building. They only allow a few people to enter at a time, so that everyone gets a salesperson to help them until they make their purchase or leave the building.

Definitely go visit, cool place to check out, then drive down the road in Raymond to Tuckaway tavern, fantastic food and great butchery. The Holy Grail is actually a good place to feast as well.

Tell that to SIG Neuhausen, now SIG Sauer AG of Switzerland, and JDI Imports, who imports Swiss SIGs into the US.

Overview

https://www.sanswissarms.com/
Lol... like .02% of Sig anything, borderline unobtainable, freakish exotics basically don't count. That's like a hipster saying "you are wrong!" When some guy says you can't buy a toyota crown in America. [rofl] You're factually right but it's pretty empty.

The Sig store is definitely worth shopping at but I'd highly recommend picking a quiet time if you aren't sure what you want - the folks at the counter, some who actually come from tech support even are super cool and knowledgeable. Literally I had one guy show me how to field strip and grease his actual sidearm, really enthusiastic about their guns. You could spend an hour without being shamed just having one person dedicated to helping you browse for a later purchase, try this, try that, etc etc - if the store isn't mobbed. And it gets mobbed when you would expect, ie Saturday, weekdays after 4, etc etc

The Sig store is definitely worth shopping at but I'd highly recommend picking a quiet time if you aren't sure what you want - the folks at the counter, some who actually come from tech support even are super cool and knowledgeable. Literally I had one guy show me how to field strip and grease his actual sidearm, really enthusiastic about their guns. You could spend an hour without being shamed just having one person dedicated to helping you browse for a later purchase, try this, try that, etc etc - if the store isn't mobbed. And it gets mobbed when you would expect, ie Saturday, weekdays after 4, etc etc
What could go wrong?

Up until Oct 16 we lived 5 miles from the Sig Proshop and visited them every couple months to see what was happening.
The expensive visits usually happened when our son was visiting from Georgia because one of his friends worked in the ProShop and we could get a discount on weapons and most items. In some cases we were able to get “special“ or limited run items.

All the guys in the shop are great… and if not rushed are willing to spend a lot of time just talking about Sigs and will let you to fondle them.
As someone said — the weekends are busy so mid-week (T-W-T) is best.

The special discount days (floor models etc) are a mad house. It is a good idea to get in-line at least 2 hours before they open. They only let a few people in at a time, and expect people to be upset if you purchase a gun they wanted.

A few days before we left NH our son visited and we got 2 365s for the price of 1….

We will miss the ProShop…..

Last edited:
Anyone been there recently, like last week? Do they still make you wear a mask?

Anyone been there recently, like last week? Do they still make you wear a mask?

I was there two weeks ago and they were enforcing the mask policy. I’m seeing a few more places locally do the same in this area.

Tell that to SIG Neuhausen, now SIG Sauer AG of Switzerland, and JDI Imports, who imports Swiss SIGs into the US.

Overview

https://www.sanswissarms.com/
JDI imports sells parts. sig swiss doesnt import anything here. So the sig store only sells AMERICAN sigs. You can buy GERMAN sigs here, but they arent new. So, if you want a new Sig, you have to buy AMERICAN.

Last edited:
I was there two weeks ago and they were enforcing the mask policy. I’m seeing a few more places locally do the same in this area.
There are recent large increases in Covid numbers in NH and MA, including lots of people who got the vax. So more and more places are re-establishing mask mandates. :mad: Like that will work when the vax doesn't!

At this rate we (in Free America) yo-yo from week to week with mask required/mask recommended mandates . . . they might as well mandate that everyone in the US wear masks 100% of the time everywhere! :rolleyes:

There are recent large increases in Covid numbers in NH and MA, including lots of people who got the vax. So more and more places are re-establishing mask mandates. :mad: Like that will work when the vax doesn't!

At this rate we (in Free America) yo-yo from week to week with mask required/mask recommended mandates . . . they might as well mandate that everyone in the US wear masks 100% of the time everywhere! :rolleyes:

I'm not seeing evidence of any of the mask stuff increasing in the Plaistow area, or in MA closeby, but Exeter is kinda soft so that may explain it. I think that town may have been one of the few in NH who have had their own mask crap.

Funny I just got back from IL where there is actually a statewide mask order and I found it is generally ignored, especially at restaurants and such but even at Walmart, Home Depot, etc - appears many people, employees enforcing it included, have just had enough. One store had the state policy posted along with a statement that if you weren't wearing a mask they were to assume you had a health exemption (which they won't ask about) - I like that stance.

I'm not seeing evidence of any of the mask stuff increasing in the Plaistow area, or in MA closeby, but Exeter is kinda soft so that may explain it. I think that town may have been one of the few in NH who have had their own mask crap.

Funny I just got back from IL where there is actually a statewide mask order and I found it is generally ignored, especially at restaurants and such but even at Walmart, Home Depot, etc - appears many people, employees enforcing it included, have just had enough. One store had the state policy posted along with a statement that if you weren't wearing a mask they were to assume you had a health exemption (which they won't ask about) - I like that stance.
Lol, Sig just did it because they are soft. They had a thermometer at one point and wouldn't ket you in if your head was too hot. One guy told me he was chatting with someone in the parking lot for a few minutes and his head got hot from the sun and they wouldn't let him in till he "passed" [rofl] not a place to go if you are not a fan of Covid Theater

The prices are jacket up higher than MA lgs’s?
I am not familiar with the pricing at Sig's shops, but it is often the case that manufacturers sell direct only at full retail (or the common advised percent off retail that is the de-facto street price) to avoid competing with their primary customers - dealers. If dealers feel undercut on price by the factory, that's not good for business.

Dealers need margin to be interested in carrying product. The reason you rarely see Dillon presses in gun shops is the meager 15% margin (the last I checked) the dealer gets when selling at full retail.

Last edited:
Lol, Sig just did it because they are soft. They had a thermometer at one point and wouldn't ket you in if your head was too hot. One guy told me he was chatting with someone in the parking lot for a few minutes and his head got hot from the sun and they wouldn't let him in till he "passed" [rofl] not a place to go if you are not a fan of Covid Theater
A perfect remedy to cool him down

3EBB5024-8277-4839-8C2A-E85741A610DA.gif

I think I’m just not sure what da/sa I’m in the market for so wanted to go somewhere that had every option on display. Leaning toward the 229 but want to see the others.

Spend alot locally (just got the 226 legion SAO) but mostly my approach here is window shopping w/ full wallet.

Shooters Outpost probably has every model except maybe rare stuff. Why not take a Sig pistol class, they’ll loan you whatever Sig model you want I think. Think you also get a store discount after the class.

Employees get 50% off vouchers. Are they transferable?
It's a friend's and family thing. The auctions used to be even better than 50%. I don't think I paid more than $450 for any of the legions I have. I remember paying between $120 and $150 for all the 938s 238s I have. I paid $700 for a p226 X5 in 2014.

Employees get 50% off vouchers. Are they transferable?
It's a friend's and family thing. The auctions used to be even better than 50%. I don't think I paid more than $450 for any of the legions I have. I remember paying between $120 and $150 for all the 938s 238s I have. I paid $700 for a p226 X5 in 2014.

What jct says but more specifically they are flat out giftable by design. The last policy they had, and I haven't bought one this way for about a year+ , employees get x number per year, which they gift by filling out a form at the pro shop - actually is for a specific model even but when shop calls you (step 2) that can be changed on the fly. Then basically if/when your gun is in stock you go there and whatever US made model you want is 50% off list.

The old way was someone could literally just hand you a form with their employee info and the recipient name and all info blank - which fealt really weird if you were the lucky recipient of a friend of an employees friend discount, walking in with some random form from someone you never met, but it worked like any other coupon.

Local shops here don't sell many Sigs - "everyone knows someone who works at Sig" - seriously I was talking guns with someone at the bar one night and he said "oh if you want a Sig, I'll grab so-and-so sitting over there he will give you a 50% off". Most employees don't use them all. I think they get infinite discounts on gear too, but not sure on gifting.

What jct says but more specifically they are flat out giftable by design. The last policy they had, and I haven't bought one this way for about a year+ , employees get x number per year, which they gift by filling out a form at the pro shop - actually is for a specific model even but when shop calls you (step 2) that can be changed on the fly. Then basically if/when your gun is in stock you go there and whatever US made model you want is 50% off list.

The old way was someone could literally just hand you a form with their employee info and the recipient name and all info blank - which fealt really weird if you were the lucky recipient of a friend of an employees friend discount, walking in with some random form from someone you never met, but it worked like any other coupon.

Local shops here don't sell many Sigs - "everyone knows someone who works at Sig" - seriously I was talking guns with someone at the bar one night and he said "oh if you want a Sig, I'll grab so-and-so sitting over there he will give you a 50% off". Most employees don't use them all. I think they get infinite discounts on gear too, but not sure on gif

Last I heard its 8 guns a year.

I've been to the SIG store and if you like American SIGs, its a good place. That being said, a lot of places in southern NH and Maine tend to carry a lot of SIGs because of the local connection. Kittery Trading Post and Shooter's Hooksett are good examples. American SIGs are very popular in the area.

Shooters Outpost probably has every model except maybe rare stuff. Why not take a Sig pistol class, they’ll loan you whatever Sig model you want I think. Think you also get a store discount after the class.
I inquired at Shooter's a few weeks ago when I picked up my consignment. They won't ship to other FFL's (or at least in MA).

I was at Sig maybe 6 months ago. With the panic still going on, they were limited in what they had in the shop. I.E. they still didn't have any compact p320 mags, even though I bought a compact grip to use on one.

I would definitely check out northeast munitions in merrimac. This is about what I paid for this at Sig with the student discount. They have lots of cool stuff.

Edit: was actually $781 with discount.

Attachments

• 2A99B5A6-CFCF-4431-9E47-65B8F19DEED7.png
    2A99B5A6-CFCF-4431-9E47-65B8F19DEED7.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom