anyone else see a pattern here?

Chris

NES Member
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
OK, so there were some 9 shootings over the weekend in Boston to put the number of incidents over 60 for the year already (was only just above 30 this time last year)

And in other news...

Man reported for 134th jail time.

Man arrested for 9th DWI.

And we wonder where all the offenders are comming from... Mey Mumbles, stop pointing fingers at NH and start looking at the back door of the courts and prisons. Sounds like they are getting out faster than you can catch them. Oh yes, I forgot, you didn't manage to catch even hald the offenders from last year.

Lets not forget about this little gem too.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=130220

State police and victims’ parents are fuming that a Worcester judge refused to send a “most wanted” serial child rapist back to prison for fleeing to Florida and repeatedly violating his probation.

Worcester Superior Court Judge John McCann put Winchendon child molester Glen Wheeler on 10 years’ probation and an electronic monitoring bracelet - even though the 56-year-old con has racked up 11 probation violations, has an alias and went on the run for eight months before being tracked down at a Tampa, Fla., mosque. Wheeler was on the state police list of “most wanted high-risk sex offenders.”

“I’m disgusted,” said the mother of a 5-year-old girl molested by Wheeler. “What is the justice system there for? He should have been put back in prison.”

A divorced father of two, Wheeler was released from prison in 2004 after serving nearly five years for molesting and taking nude videos of seven young girls and boys over several years. The victims were friends of Wheeler’s daughters.

He has refused a court order to register as a sex offender and even filed a lawsuit against the state, claiming that the order violated his civil rights. The suit was tossed out.

Wheeler, who converted to Islam and changed his name to Shareef Qadeer while in jail, became a concern for state probation officials after they discovered him living in a Roxbury mosque with several families and their children. In the fall of 2004, he disappeared, sparking an eight-month hunt by the State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Unit.

“I put a tremendous amount of time into tracking him,” said Trooper Matt Aumais of the fugitive squad.

Aumais tracked him to Tampa, Fla., where Wheeler was arrested at a mosque June 6, 2005 by U.S. Marshals. He fought extradition and remained in Florida for nearly four months, including a stint in a mental hospital after stabbing himself 20 times with a pencil.

When he was brought before Judge McCann on March 3, prosecutors from Worcester District Attorney John Conte’s office sought to have him sent back to prison for up to 10 years, but McCann opted for 10 years’ probation and the bracelet. Wheeler is being held in the Nashua Street jail on $500 bail pending a March 28 hearing on charges of failing to register as a sex offender.

“I think it’s typical of what we’re seeing now and it has to stop,” said Laurie Myers of the victims rights group Community Voices. “Pedophiles are the most likely to reoffend and we’re letting them back out onto the streets.”

McCann declined comment, saying: “I don’t talk to reporters. Not on pending cases.”

State police Lt. Kevin Horton of the fugitive squad said the case is “another example” of flaws in the state’s sex offender registry.

“Failure to register is not being taken seriously in this state,” Horton said. “This man is a predator and I don’t think a bracelet is going to stop him from being a predator.”

For the victims’ families, the possibility of Wheeler’s release is infuriating.

“They’ve had their innocence robbed of them,” said the mother of three victims. “We trusted him and he used our children for his sickness and addiction. Our concern is that he will again do this.”

why does shit like this continue to happen?

Just like the story last night about the guy the cops had to shoot... He was breaking into someone's house, the woman called the cops, they showed up and the guy took away the cops night stick. The ended up having to shoot him, and the news said the guy had a long history of violent crimes on his record..

Unf***ingbelievable

MA somehow can't:

Register sex offenders
Register felons in national databases

MA somehow can:

Register every person that wants to protect themselves against sex offenders and fellons.

MidKnight said:
MA somehow can't:

Register sex offenders

MA somehow can:

Register every person that wants to protect themselves against sex offenders and fellons.

awesome observation...sad, but awesome..

MidKnight said:
MA somehow can't:

Register sex offenders

MA somehow can:

Dead nuts accurate. [thinking]

It's just tragic how distorted the logic of local politicians is.

Also have to wonder if, let's say, that guy had walked into my house and attempted to sexually assault me. I pulled out a gun, shot him square in the nuts (because I'm not trying to kill him, I'm trying to stop him, right?) and then called the police.

How many people would have been taken into custody and who would have the more expensive court battle? I just have to wonder.

MidKnight said:
MA somehow can't:

Register sex offenders

MA somehow can:

They do have their priorities.

If that doesn't illustrate perfectly just whom the authorities see as a bigger threat to society, nothing will.

"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We *want* them broken. You'd better get it straight That it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against– then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged , Ch. III, "White Blackmail"

[QUOTE}When he was brought before Judge McCann on March 3, prosecutors from Worcester District Attorney John Conte’s office sought to have him sent back to prison for up to 10 years, but McCann opted for 10 years’ probation and the bracelet. Wheeler is being held in the Nashua Street jail on $500 bail pending a March 28 hearing on charges of failing to register as a sex offender.[/QUOTE]

So WHY didn't they get the 10 in prison? Because some flippin bleeding heart Libtard was holding the F'ing gavel. It's time for [jihad] [angry]

He fought extradition and remained in Florida for nearly four months, including a stint in a mental hospital after stabbing himself 20 times with a pencil.

I hereby volunteer to give this man a nice, sharp Gerber so he can stab himself properly. And then get arrested for having a double edged "dagger". I'm sure that some idiot in Worcester will try to arrest a dead man. [devil]

dwarven1 said:
I hereby volunteer to give this man a nice, sharp Gerber so he can stab himself properly. And then get arrested for having a double edged "dagger". I'm sure that some idiot in Worcester will try to arrest a dead man. [devil]

Maybe he wanted to die of lead poisoning??

[laugh]

Lynne said:
Maybe he wanted to die of lead poisoning??

[laugh]

That makes sense. He probably even thinks that pencils actually have lead in them too. (^_^)

He should donate his body to Medical science.

"All right class, today you are going to perform a quaduple bypass. Now the goal is to try to keep the patient alive until the end - after that, don't worry about it. Oh, and our anasthesia budget was cut, so we're just going to use this 3 lb hammer like this - *WHAM*. Bubba? You are in charge of keeping the patient sedated."

Back
Top Bottom