Anyone else love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyD

One Shot One Maggie's Drawers
...the smell of Hoppe's No. 9?

Just sitting here, sick as dog and cleaning my rifle. Maybe it's the cold med's but there's just something about ole No. 9.

[lol]

TonyD said:

Just sitting here, sick as dog and cleaning my rifle. Maybe it's the cold med's but there's just something about ole No. 9.

[lol]

I think that's what is called smell association. You normally clean your weapon right after you have had some fun at the range, so naturally when your body smells the Hoppes you feel good.

derek said:
TonyD said:

[lol]

I think that's what is called smell association. You normally clean your weapon right after you have had some fun at the range, so naturally when your body smells the Hoppes you feel good.

Nah, I just think it's all the chemicals that make you feel loopy! Are you not supposed to use it as an inhaler? Just wondering.

I'm sure you'll be fine, when you start to see the pink elephants let us know. [lol]

I went out and bought MPRO7 so I wouldn't have to smell anything foul when cleaning. For some reason I still use the Hoppe's9 to clean my barrels. I keep telling myself its becuase its a better cleaner, but the reality is I just don't feel like my guns clean untill I get a good wife of that smell. :p

My girl jokes that I'm such a gun nut, it wouldn't suprise her if I used it as cologne

Nickelsig229 said:
I went out and bought MPRO7 so I wouldn't have to smell anything foul when cleaning. For some reason I still use the Hoppe's9 to clean my barrels. I keep telling myself its becuase its a better cleaner, but the reality is I just don't feel like my guns clean untill I get a good wife of that smell. :p

My girl jokes that I'm such a gun nut, it wouldn't suprise her if I used it as cologne

Cologne! that's a great Idea!

TonyD said:
I could get this done a lot quicker if those damn butterflies would leave me alone!

If you have any left over parts when you are done putting it back together, let us know, and DON'T fire that thing. [lol]

Hoppes #9 is some nasty smelling crap..........I currently use Militec on my firearms - MUCH better then Breakfree CLP in quality........

J_Smith said:
Hoppes #9 is some nasty smelling crap..........I currently use Militec on my firearms - MUCH better then Breakfree CLP in quality........

I've always liked the smell of Hoppe's. However, I've been told that I'm not quite right.

I'm so used to CLP and Hoppe's that I'll probably never use another. Hell we used to have CLP squirt gun fights inside the cage at the Armory. I think I even got that crap in my mouth once, which was hella [lame]

derek said:
I'm so used to CLP and Hoppe's that I'll probably never use another. Hell we used to have CLP squirt gun fights inside the cage at the Armory. I think I even got that crap in my mouth once, which was hella [lame]

Hoppe's, mmm good.

There's those butterflies again.

Well, all the pieces are put back together. I think I'll fill the bathtub and see if it bump fires underwater.

Here, hold my beer...

Provided you haven't replaced your Old Spice with Hoppe's.....you're not wierd!

Hoppe's #9 ranks in the top 5 smells of all time!

When we were on the range at Jim Crews Defensive Handgun course last Summer, I opened my gun cleaning/tool box and commented "ah, the wonderful smell of Hoppes #9!" That brought a big smile on the face of one of the young ladies in our class! :D

TonyD said:
[I've always liked the smell of Hoppe's. However, I've been told that I'm not quite right.

You too? Thank heavens I'm not alone...cept for the voice in my head, of course.... <be quiet! I'm busy now!>

Lynne said:
TonyD said:
[I've always liked the smell of Hoppe's. However, I've been told that I'm not quite right.

You too? Thank heavens I'm not alone...cept for the voice in my head, of course.... <be quiet! I'm busy now!>

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom