Anyone else into air guns?

You could get a crosman 1322 22cal pump.
But would have to pump it to max every time. Thats the miniumum for squirrel.
Squirrel is a small target.

small target makes for better accuracy training. i've got 5 so far with the .177 crosman. won't tell how many pellets i've shot at them, that would be embaressing to admit how many i missed [crying]

i looked at those, but only 700fps. ended up with a $150.00 crosman break barrel. 1000FPS with composite pellets. happy with performance and accuracy. squirrels don't like it, that's good enough for me
Heavy and slow is better than fast and light.
Bigger heavier pellets retain energy better down range.

In the end you use what works for you....and down range.

Last edited:
small target makes for better accuracy training. i've got 5 so far with the .177 crosman. won't tell how many pellets i've shot at them, that would be embaressing to admit how many i missed [crying]
they are not easy , they hardly sit still and pellet gun accuracy is not exactly "good consistent or predictable" with out some money spent.

I’ve only done a quick google search, but you guys seriously shoot these things in your basements?

Damn cool looking. I thought my Crosman 760 circa 1987 was the $hit. I still kinda do, or just good memories. I still have it [inserting a virtual BB gun emoji here because EFF Apple and their deciding what we can have]

I have a Crosman 760 for the basement. PCP's outside for me.

The amount , types and quality of air guns today is just mind blowing. There is some really nice stuff out there.
Now with even inexpensive guns coming with regulated valves greater accuracy can be had.

I was exposed to a Field Target rifle recently - a Feinwerkbau with a huge Sightron scope. It's a game I'd love to play, silhouette targets at unknown ranges from 8 to 100 yards. You use the focus on the scope to range the target, and there is plenty of drop to adjust for. But with an entry-level budget in the $000s it isn't for me at this point in life.

Have the Benjamin Marauder .25 with a Leupold Scope. Fun gun, pellets are cheap, quiet as hell, but the two stage hand / bicycle pump is a workout!

I was exposed to a Field Target rifle recently - a Feinwerkbau with a huge Sightron scope. It's a game I'd love to play, silhouette targets at unknown ranges from 8 to 100 yards. You use the focus on the scope to range the target, and there is plenty of drop to adjust for. But with an entry-level budget in the $000s it isn't for me at this point in life.
Field target is a crazy game.

I just got up a sig mcx air rifle with a red dot. The thing is super accurate. I got it to supplement my inability to make it to the range lately. I went to pick up an air conversion kit from this guy over in Hudson New England AirGun - Home and ended up leaving with a lot more than that. He has some really high end stuff is and super knowledgable.

Got into PCPs a few years ago, went all out on a competitive setup. Invested a lot of dough into a single rifle setup, compared to my current real guns. It still amazes me how much you could spend on high pressure air. Dead accurate and could stack pellets on top of each other all day long. Amazing while it lasted.

I would still be doing it, along with real guns BUT found airguns to a bit boring (due to it being amazingly accurate with the higher end technology). There was no challenge really, in my indoor range which brings me to my second point. Interaction with other airgunners was non existent, at least for me. I tried to find others through forums and such but seemed like others were content with enjoying the hobby by themselves.

Got into PCPs a few years ago, went all out on a competitive setup. Invested a lot of dough into a single rifle setup, compared to my current real guns. It still amazes me how much you could spend on high pressure air. Dead accurate and could stack pellets on top of each other all day long. Amazing while it lasted.

I would still be doing it, along with real guns BUT found airguns to a bit boring (due to it being amazingly accurate with the higher end technology). There was no challenge really, in my indoor range which brings me to my second point. Interaction with other airgunners was non existent, at least for me. I tried to find others through forums and such but seemed like others were content with enjoying the hobby by themselves.
If your not going to matches you generally do not get to much social activity with pellet guns.

Looking to get rid of any PCP’s?

I completely LOVE my marauder. I opted for the .22 cal with the railed receiver, and LW barrel. And it gets shot more than anything I own. Pumping it isn't too bad either. But I keep eye humping the Ataman PCP pistols.... Ataman Compact AP16 PCP Air Pistol, Titanium

I have one of those too with a scope. Its super accurate. The pumping kind of sucks though. Going to get an air tank filled at some point. I shoot outback at work. We have a collection of about fifteen different guns. We light a sterno and shoot the aerosol cans next to it. BOOOM!

Bought it from this guy in Hudson. Cool Little Shop. New England AirGun - Home

I have one of those too with a scope. Its super accurate. The pumping kind of sucks though. Going to get an air tank filled at some point. I shoot outback at work. We have a collection of about fifteen different guns. We light a sterno and shoot the aerosol cans next to it. BOOOM!

Bought it from this guy in Hudson. Cool Little Shop. New England AirGun - Home
I also picked up an 88 in3 carbon tank thinking I’d pump that up by hand. ( zero filling stations anywhere near me.). And that was an adventure! Took me about a week. So now I’m seriously thinking hard about going the SCBA route. Because fire stations have the compressor, and our local firefighters are awesome. So I’ll have to find myself a SCBA tank, and use this,

I’d wager there are LOTS of fills in a SCBA tank.

Back
Top Bottom