• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone else hearing explosions in Taunton/Raynham/Norton???? What is it?

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Anyone else hearing the constant barrage of what sounds like outgoing artillery? I'm on the Taunton/Norton line and have been hearing repeated explosions. It's not deer hunters and it's not even an NES Shoot....it's bigger than that?!!!

Anyone know??

Not sure how close you are, but it could be Aggregate Industries doing some blasting?

I'll bet that is just what it is. I'm new to the neighborhood and hadn't heard those sounds before when I lived a couple of miles up the road.

A call to the local fire prevention office should get you some answers as to whether any blasting is going on in the area, thats where the permits are issued.

You just need to live near the Devens south post and you wont even notice the booms, rat-a-tat-tats or glassware shaking off the shelves after a while[iwojima]

Hmmm I've lived in Norton for a few years and don't recall any of that noise. Then again, I am at work in Avon so I'm not there during the days to hear it. My dog is probably barking up a storm at home if that's going on. The only oddball noises I usually hear are the MBTA in Attleboro/Mansfield that sounds like it's going thru my backyard at night even though it's miles away.

Have heard massive explosions late at night near Duxbury. Maybe 1 per month, sounds like a house blowing up. Calls to all surrounding town FDs report no activity in the times that they occur. Very odd.

I live right near the old dever state school. What you are hearing are law enforcement agencies from around N.E. doing training exercises....There is some sort of training facility on that property. I found this out when i saw two fully camoed people wearing little black backpacs at 9:30 at night along south border road. Found out that they were state police doing night training exercises. Also on any given morning at Tedeschis plaza on bay road, you'll see cops from D.C. and other states buying coffee at the DD's there. Also a lot of swat types with handguns in thigh rigs......

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom