Anyone else heard about this?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
I know this sounds crazy, but I've heard this from 3 seperate sources now, and I'm really hoping it mught be true. Not to get the rumor mill running, but I've been told that Martha Coakley has openly stated the she feels that Herr Reilly has "overstepped his bounds" in regards to the whole AG gun regs thing, and plans on loosening the reins once in office!

First time I heard this, I thought: "No possible way."

Second time I heard it (from a reputable source): I thought: "Hmmmmmm"

Third time: "Could it possibly be at least partially true?"

Anyone else heard this (or something similar)? [thinking]

I've heard all kinds of rumors flyin' around here and several other forums as well since the elections. Everything from pre-dawn door to door confiscations to the repeal of most of the gun laws.

Time to sit back, take a deep breath and wait & see.

Last edited:
I was not looking for people's assumptions "dream on", "Mr. Universe" etc. I was putting this out as a query to see if anyone else had actually heard the same thing. I asked more out of curiosity than anything else.

With the New Bedford shootings, and Boston Mayor blaming everything on guns I just don't think the new A.G.will take a step back. I think she will look for b.s. laws, Martha Coakley is no friend of gun owners.

Heard nothing. Wouldn't believe it even if she whispered it in my ear.

Politicians are NOT TO BE TRUSTED.

Until/unless she actually does something, any speculation is a waste of energy.

I was not looking for people's assumptions "dream on", "Mr. Universe" etc. I was putting this out as a query to see if anyone else had actually heard the same thing. I asked more out of curiosity than anything else.

I heard from someone that she was on a radio show, and the first caller
hit her with that question, and she responded saying something to the effect
that she would "look into the issue, because her husband has been on her
back about it. "

I suppose theres a possibility- that as a lawyer, she's looked at his
BS and basically found it to be on very shaky grounds, and might want
to not feed as much coal into the fire as reilly was, because she may
have come to the conclusion that a lawsuit could eviscerate them on
the issue.

I'm only taking it with a grain of salt, and I will only believe it if/when I
see it. I would not hold my breath, if I were you.

Even if she does play nice with us, It could be pretty meaningless as
the black cloud of the MA legislature is potentially far more dangerous than
whatever the AG can do.

-Mike

I heard from someone that she was on a radio show, and the first caller hit her with that question, and she responded saying something to the effect that she would "look into the issue, because her husband has been on her back about it."

That was me. She was on Howie's show and I called in.

My question was: "AG Reilly used consumer-protection laws to limit the availability of certain firearms to law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts. Will you continue to do so, and if so, how will you protect the 2nd Amendment rights of the citizens of the Commonwealth?"

Her answer (and I'm paraphrasing) was "Well, leaving aside the question of 2nd Amendment rights, my husband who is a police officer has brought up that same question about guns who may be banned in Mass due to arbitrary features, such as certain safety mechanisms. I am willing to consider those cases and we may take another look at allowing those guns to be available to licensed gun owners in Mass."

She also said something about gun owners needing to be "properly trained" and some other such nonsense. I was driving to work and couldn't exactly take notes.

That was me. She was on Howie's show and I called in.

My question was: "AG Reilly used consumer-protection laws to limit the availability of certain firearms to law-abiding gun owners in Massachusetts. Will you continue to do so, and if so, how will you protect the 2nd Amendment rights of the citizens of the Commonwealth?"

Her answer (and I'm paraphrasing) was "Well, leaving aside the question of 2nd Amendment rights, my husband who is a police officer has brought up that same question about guns who may be banned in Mass due to arbitrary features, such as certain safety mechanisms. I am willing to consider those cases and we may take another look at allowing those guns to be available to licensed gun owners in Mass."

She also said something about gun owners needing to be "properly trained" and some other such nonsense. I was driving to work and couldn't exactly take notes.

It was a very tiny glimmer of hope until she kept talking... [thinking]

It was a very tiny glimmer of hope until she kept talking... [thinking]

Everything is good until the uninformed open their mouthes!

Let's hope her husband is a "gun guy" and will withhold the lovin until she passes what makes him happy... On second thought... [puke] [puke]

But if it were me, (just so you know) I would WHORE myself out to make things better!

Alright.... Who's taking one for the team and hooking up with her?

Scary! I was going to post the exact same thing.[shocked]
I have used women for things in the past for my own personal gain. Throw in a lifetime NES membership and I'm in. I have a feeling I'll need some booze and drugs first for this one though. [laugh]

Not to mention some mouthwash and some really strong hand soap. Maybe a frontal lobotomy... no, no... then you'd be voting Democratic next time around. Forget I mentioned it.

I heard that too (can't remember where tho). I'll keep my hopes tied down for now.

However, if that's true, then we're gonna have to have a

[party]

and a BIG one!

Back
Top Bottom