Anyone else having issues not showing logged in on some threads?

Sooo I don't know what's going on, but I've been having major trouble logging in the past week. I enter my credentials per usual and a get an error saying to go back and refresh and most times I still can't access my account. I have to try over and over til it works then sometimes I click on something and shows I'm logged out :confused:

I promise you, I'm not doing anything sketchy... looks like a huge glitch.

that has been happening to me as well off and on for the past week or so

By the way, it’s a good idea to check all your user accounts from time to time. I do it once a month or so.

I was randomly going through my Netflix account one day and found out some guy from South Korea had hacked it. I would have never known because I was still logged in, so he was probably selling my password to people. I have no idea how many people can use an account until they get wise to it. I called Netflix and they fixed it for me.

It seems like these forums are being hacked more and more and user names are being hijacked. 24hourcampfire has been crazy the last few months with user names being hijacked to create ads to scam people (and people fall for it because it is an ad from a long time member). Same thing on several others.

The irony of all this is that ya know how a lot of people say they will only do business with a NES Member like somehow paying $20 makes you superior to others? Well now if you get scammed, it is 100% by a NES Member account doing the scamming lol

People should at least change their password at reasonable intervals and delete all PMs, particularly those related to buying/selling something, once they are no longer needed.

The hackers have been out in full force since covid hit. I highly suggest two factor authentication for NES. Its built in and will almost 100% prevent your account from going to some New Yorker.

Seriously the security is built in, USE IT

I never knew there was an option for two-step verification but I haven’t had to login in a long time either.

Wait...you guys log out, requiring a log back in? One thing I've noticed about this board is that logins don't seem to time out. So every time I navigate to this website on my home or work browser, I'm already logged in.
Every time I close my browser I have to log in again when I re open it. Same for all things password related, mail etc. I have it set this way and no longer leave my browser open over night for security reasons.

I hear the best way to beat a hacker... is with a stick.

stickdeath-hitting.gif

By the way, it’s a good idea to check all your user accounts from time to time. I do it once a month or so.

I was randomly going through my Netflix account one day and found out some guy from South Korea had hacked it. I would have never known because I was still logged in, so he was probably selling my password to people. I have no idea how many people can use an account until they get wise to it. I called Netflix and they fixed it for me.
Netflix recently alerted me that my sign in was streaming Breaking Bad from Jakarta, Indonesia. NF pulled the plug and opened a new account for me. That was a good heads up to change all of my accounts across the net.

The hackers have been out in full force since covid hit. I highly suggest two factor authentication for NES. Its built in and will almost 100% prevent your account from going to some New Yorker.

Seriously the security is built in, USE IT
Done.

Not completely sure how it works though. I saved the verification numbers. Logged out & back in and it emailed me a different number from what is in the list.
Everything works correctly so...

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom