Anyone else having a horrible month?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So far, this month has been absolutely horrible for me. First off, last week, I was heading to my parents house for dinner. I was stopped at a red light, when a police officer pulled up behind me and randomly decided to run my plate. As soon as the light turned green, he pulled me over. Turned out that my truck's registration and insurance were both cancelled. He towed my truck, removed my plates and cited me $100 for driving unregistered and uninsured.

Since I had no minutes left on my prepaid cell phone, I had to walk about 2 miles in the rain to my parents house to explain what happened and to get a lift home. The next day my mom drove me to the ins co and it turned out that even though I've been mailing in my payments every month, for some reason, they never recieved my last 2 payments, so they cancelled my ins and notified the rmv to cancel my registration. To top it off, because I technically defaulted on my ins, I had to pay for the whole year up front which cost me $497, plus a $62 reinstatement fee. I never recieved any notification from either the ins co or the rmv regarding the cancellation.

After the trip to the ins co, I then had to stop at the rmv to reinstate my registration. I got there around noon, and they only had 2 windows open with a lobby full of people. There were 97 people waiting in line ahead of me. I waited there for 1 1/2 hours, and had to pay a $50 reinstatement fee, which took a total of about 3 mins.

After that was a trip over to the police station with my forms showing that both had been reinstated so I could get my plates back. Turned out that the service window closed at noon. After a little begging, I was able to get one of the officers in the dispatch to walk over and grab my plates.

Then it was off to the tow yard to pick up my truck. The idiot driver put the wrong date down on the form, and they tried to charge me for an extra day of storage. After arguing for a few mins, I finally got them to change the date back to what it was supposed to be, and had to pay them $140 for towing and 1 day of storage.

Now, to top it all off, because of the economy, rather then lay people off, the company I work for decided to just cut back everyone's hours. I only have a part time job, and usually work an average of 20 - 30 hrs a week. Because of the cutbacks, last week I wasn't scheduled at all, and now this week, I'm only scheduled to work a total of 16 hours over 3 days.

Yesterday, I went to refill a few of my prescriptions, only to discover that my health insurace has been cancelled. I sent them the renewal form about 2 months ago, and never recieved anything back stating whether or not they were going to renew or cancel my insurance, so tomorrow I have to go down there to find out what's going on.

Tonight, I scanned the classifieds, making a list of all the places I want to go to tomorrow and apply for jobs. After that, I did some spring cleaning, and gathered up a bunch of items that I was going to take pictures of and place ads here in the for sale section, as well as on craigslist to try and replace the money I've had to shell out. I lost track of the time, and realized that I was out of cigarettes. So, it was off to the gas station.

I jumped in my truck, and began backing out of my driveway, when I realized that my right front tire was completely flat. I pulled back in, and saw that it had broken the bead, so there was no hope in just putting some air in it. The closest 24 hr gas station is about 1 1/2 miles from my house. Normally I don't mind walking there. I enjoy walking, and could definately use the excercise, however walking there and back at 2 am, in the rain, is a little creepy.

So I get to the gas station, and bought my cigarettes. As I walked back through the parking lot to head home, I accidently stepped in a pretty large puddle. Needless to say, I had to schlepp the whole way home, in the rain, with one soggy foot.

My inspection sticker expires at the end of the month, and I was going to use the money I had saved up to repair the front end (it needs a ball joint, wheel bearings, and 2 new tires). Now, I don't have the money to repair it, and will most likely get a rejection sticker.

The way my luck has been going, tomorrow when I go to change the tire in the rain, I wouldn't be suprised to discover that my spare tire is probably flat as well. I really hope that this will be the end, and that my string of bad luck will finally end. Is anyone else's luck so far this month been as bad as mine?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear of the bad luck. It's pretty tough to deal with forking over that much money in these economic times.

Though I too have had a string of bad luck. It been going for 8 months and has yet to let up. It all started when I blew out my back at work, and has included everything from being out of work for 6 weeks and not receiving pay from workers comp the whole time, to being in pain constantly and not having anything the doctors do help and refusing to give me pain meds. Not to mention I was up for a promotion when I hurt my back, and lost it as I couldn't do my job anymore. It's been more like 8 months of living hell, more so since my cortizone shot as it increased my pain 200%, I was better off before.

I am not trying to blow off your problems, as they truly suck also. I only tell you this so you know others also have bad luck and you are not alone, Believe me I feel your pain. Hope everything works out for you and you can recoup your lost money. Keep your head up.
Kenny

Last edited:

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Sorry to hear about your troubles, but try to keep things in perspective. My father passed away last September. My father-in-law passed away in February.

All you can do is keep getting up each morning and take it one day at a time.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. You could make a short movie with all that going on. My only problem is lack of work, this economy sucks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you're only 1/3 of the way into the month.
I wouldn't leave the house til July
I actually thought about doing that very thing. Then I remembered that on Sat, the landlord came over with a few electricians and rewired the whole house. My luck, the wiring will catch fire in the middle of the day while I'm asleep when I should've either been working or at least out looking for a better job! LOL!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yah, that's a bad month, look at the good, it can only get better from where you are.

My wife and I both got laid off last week, me from a job of 9+ years and she from a job of 15+ years. Scary

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yah, that's a bad month, look at the good, it can only get better from where you are.

My wife and I both got laid off last week, me from a job of 9+ years and she from a job of 15+ years. Scary

Hang in there

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To help avoid problems with the insurance companies not receiving your checks, ask if they have an automatic payment plan where they withdraw the money on a specific date each month. I do that with my auto, homeowners, and other bills.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So tonight my month just got a little bit better. I just found out that apparently, the small rash on my right side that has been growing more and more painful, is shingles! And, according to the doctor, there's nothing that can be done about it but take pain meds and ride it out. He said "This looks like the beginning stages, it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better." Just what I needed to hear! I really can't wait for this month to end!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every day above the dirt is a good day...
So very true.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but try to keep things in perspective. My father passed away last September. My father-in-law passed away in February.

All you can do is keep getting up each morning and take it one day at a time.
My father passed in October (on my wife's b-day) and my mother passed in December.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So tonight my month just got a little bit better. I just found out that apparently, the small rash on my right side that has been growing more and more painful, is shingles! And, according to the doctor, there's nothing that can be done about it but take pain meds and ride it out. He said "This looks like the beginning stages, it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better." Just what I needed to hear! I really can't wait for this month to end!
You... might want to consider changing your username from rapture ...

You might be tempting fate.

I hope things turn up for you soon

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL! My username relies heavily on my ironic sense of humor. I chose that nick because of the fact that I am an athiest in every way. This is the only board on which I am known by that username. On every other board I belong to, IRC (Internet Relay Chat), MySpace, AIM, YIM, Fcebook etc.. I always go by the nick Wewaspor. Again, that nick relies heavily on my ironic sense of humor because in all reality, I am poor!

Years ago, when the internet was just getting started, and BBS's were all the rage, I learned about IRC and began chatting on it. Back then, I used the nick Falcon, which is my all time favorite type of bird. Then others began to steal my nick, so I became FalconBOP (Bird Of Prey), but that sounded a bit corney. I needed a nick that noone else would ever dream of; something totally unique. And so began the nick Wewaspor.

Top Bottom