Anyone else have Trypophobia?

ColdDayInHell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
http://www.techinsider.io/the-science-of-trypophobia-a-fear-of-holes-2015-8
Up to 15% of people (18% of females and 11% of males) become viscerally upset after looking at images of clustered holes or bumps, according to research on the condition colloquially known as trypophobia. These clusters of holes are common in nature, for example: honeycombs or clusters of soap bubbles.

JFC I never realized how unsettling it is. Spiders don't freak me out, but heights sometimes do. I often look up common phobias at night and this is the #1 on the list. I definitely can view the pictures but they make me feel weird. ****!

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see a cluster of sea green tiny tits with nipples peering from a muffin with arugula, but that's just me.

YMMV.

Last edited:

EvilDragon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It's not a thing, reddit invented it. If you grab your hands when seeing patterns like this, you'll get rid of the feeling.

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I actually do get a little freaked out when swimming in deep, dark water that I can't see through. Never been a fan of it. Nope. I even get a bit spooked just watching videos like this:
I have the same fear. Many moons ago, I was out tuna fishing on a small boat one fine summer night.

I dropped my knife over board and immediately dived in after after it. I saw it disappearing into the cold, dark depths and had a serious panic attack. I didn't realize that I had a phobia about the ocean until I was confronted by it.

I hVent been in past my waist since that night. That was almost 20 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Evil dragon wtf is that?!?!
That made me sick.
The other stuff, not at all
Dam you, now I can't stop thinking about that picture

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
photoshop

Trypophpobia isn't real. Holes in skin are what alot of nasty injuries look like, you're not afraid of holes, you're afraid of mortal wounds. 100% normal.

This stuff never made me sick, but what always seems to get me is pictures of certain politicians.

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's not fear, it's revulsion. It looks diseased and unnatural, so we're repelled by it.

Thalassophobia is a real thing, though. I had no trouble at all being in the Navy on subs, but swimming in water where I can't see the bottom bug the hell out of me. The Queen Mary ship tour in California has a room where one of the ship's giant propellers is exposed, many feet down in a pit of dark water. That freaked me out as a kid.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
did a GIS for it and didn't find any actual explanation. if it's a real picture i am curious as to how this guy ****ed up so i can not make the same mistake.
Now you can make the same mistake (there's another one using peanut butter instead of wax)... [smile]

Last edited by a moderator:

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
That stuff is annoying but lamprey fingers is 1000 times worse. Whoever invented that meme should have their face broken. [rofl]

-Mike

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that pic, it's not so much the bunch of holes as it is the tons of tiny little eyes trying to peer into my soul.
Lotus Seed Head sees what you did over there.

And also over there...

Last edited:
Top Bottom