Anyone else get a phone call from the NRA?

If you haven't gotten the call here is the info:

Please call Elizabeth Warren 202-224-4543
Edward Markey- 202-224-2742

please let them know you oppose additional gun control laws.

MA residents only (or you can just say you are a resident)

They called on Tuesday asking me to renew for five years or something. At this point, I highly doubt that either Markey or Warren would be swayed by our collective input.

I called both. A junior staffer answered live...

At that point I gave my name and address and stated that I believed that the Senator was not focusing on the real problem (mental illness in my opinion), and instead focusing on one of his/her pet issues....and I felt that the Senator was not pursuing a course of action that would solve the real problem, or keep me or my family safe.

I was very polite, and thanked the staffer at the end.

I'm assuming that there is some check box that they tick to log this call.

I called both. A junior staffer answered live...

At that point I gave my name and address and stated that I believed that the Senator was not focusing on the real problem (mental illness in my opinion), and instead focusing on one of his/her pet issues....and I felt that the Senator was not pursuing a course of action that would solve the real problem, or keep me or my family safe.

I was very polite, and thanked the staffer at the end.

I'm assuming that there is some check box that they tick to log this call.

And the fine Mass pols will ignore it all and vote for gun control, guaranteed.

They called on Tuesday asking me to renew for five years or something.

I rarely pick up the landline unless I feel like messing with the telemarketers. On the last call that the NRA was trying to convince me to renew for five years at a special rate, I told the guy on the phone I renew every year and that I am giving more money by doing so. He proceeded to try and convince me to go for the five year deal. I said "sir, stop and listen to me for a second. Why are you trying to convince me to give the NRA less money when I just explained I renew every year at the normal rate." A couple seconds of silence and he said, "yeah, I guess that doesn't make much sense".

I know it seems hopeless but they count on our apathy! The politicians probably used to get thousands of calls from us, then they probably started only getting hundreds of calls. Now they probably only get a few from us because we feel it doesn't matter. In their minds because we are not calling we agree with them. Its only a few minutes, call, email, and write. Often!!

Unfortunately it's wasted breath with these two. Marky was on PBS radio The other day pushing gun control legislation salivating at the mouth on the heels of the Orlando tragedy.

As Donald Trump said, only the bad guys and the islamic radical extremists will have weapons and the people will be standing there holding a BB gun.

I know it seems hopeless but they count on our apathy! The politicians probably used to get thousands of calls from us, then they probably started only getting hundreds of calls. Now they probably only get a few from us because we feel it doesn't matter. In their minds because we are not calling we agree with them. Its only a few minutes, call, email, and write. Often!!

Come on Guys...please call!! It can only help.

NRA called me incessantly after sandy hook......finally told them next call....no more renewals....don't care what good deeds they do.....and got no more calls. Ron

call both, identify as a gay male (or female) gun owner, and say you will not vote for either of them and will encourage others to do the same.

I got the Robocall too. NRA doesn't care about Massachusetts and never will. I'm not even a member I don't know why they called me.

here's the reply I received from lie-a-watha in regards to the email I sent her:
Dear trubs,
Thank you for contacting me about gun violence.
I grew up in family that used guns. My older brothers hunted, and I learned to shoot when I was in grade school. I have great respect for the role that hunting and guns play in many communities across the country and believe there is a place for responsible gun ownership in our society. But I also don't think anyone needs military-grade assault weapons to hunt or Rambo-style high capacity magazines to protect their family from intruders.
That's why I will continue to support a comprehensive set of reforms to reduce gun violence. I voted in favor of measures to improve background checks for gun purchases, increase penalties for gun trafficking, limit the size of ammunition magazines, and reauthorize the expired ban on military-style assault weapons.
There is no single way to stop gun violence, and there is certainly room for disagreement on the steps that we should take. But I hope that we can agree that we have a responsibility to ourselves and to our children to take the steps we can to stop the violence. The facts are simple: 88 Americans die every day from gun violence. Seven of those people are children or teens. If seven children were dying of a mysterious illness every day, our country would do everything in its power to stop it. I will keep your thoughts in mind as I continue to look for other steps we can take to protect our children and families from these terrible tragedies. I believe that is my responsibility as a United States Senator - and as a mother and grandmother.
Sincerely,

Elizabeth Warren
United States Senator

haven't been a member for many years, they tried to call tuesday but i chose not to pick up.
i'm never calling that skanks office for anything. does anyone actually think she gives a **** what you think ???

LoL! Took a private oath 6-7-8 years ago. "I will not watch TV. I will not answer the phone." Last I looked there was over 100 calls on my answering machine that I have no clue who they were.
If they want to talk to me they can come see me. And I have absolutely no interest in TV.

Last edited:
I got the Robocall too. NRA doesn't care about Massachusetts and never will. I'm not even a member I don't know why they called me.

The NRA realized having themselves highly visible as a boogeyman wasn't helping here. They provide assistance to clubs, free Eddie Eagle materials, and quietly assist GOAL/Comm2a with resources on occasion.

Remember that the NRA start in New York and eventually had to leave because of the sort of anti-gun organized crime type corruption which unfortunately spread to other 'progressive' states. As bad as it is now, it was worse in the 1970s/80s when carry rights were ignored in all but Vermont and rural areas. The NRA was in full FUDD surrender mode and content to retreat to the southwest with a 1990s+ British attitude of only rich people having single shot shotguns or bolt action rifles for skeet or safari. Fortunately, enough of the membership had enough and caused a change of leadership which began to fight back.

Back
Top Bottom