Anyone else drooling over the new CZ Shadow 2?

Do the newer models need the frame relieved, or is this part of being proactive with the older ones (from the posts I'm guessing this has something to do with how Andrews shadow 2 was splitting)

Do the newer models need the frame relieved, or is this part of being proactive with the older ones (from the posts I'm guessing this has something to do with how Andrews shadow 2 was splitting)
Proactive with the older ones. The new ones (I want to say 2018 and newer) have the cuts already. If I recall, mine is 2017 year manufacture, and needed the cuts.

Guess I should have waited a little longer to get my S2. Downside to getting one so early in production is that they hadn’t worked out all of the kinks. Long story short the early models are prone to cracking above the slide stop hole. CZ has since modified this area with a relief cut.

Finally noticed mine cracking today during cleaning. I’m terrible at tracking round counts but I’d estimate somewhere around 8,000ish rounds? Could be more.
View attachment 274665
View attachment 274666

The new gen frames:
View attachment 274667

This has been a known issue for over a year. A lot more discussion over on the enos forum:
shadow 2 crack?

I reached out to Cajun gun works as that’s who I bought it from. They offered to send it back to CZ for replacement (CZ has been replacing the frames no questions asked) and they’ll upgrade the parts. I’m still waiting to hear what they will charge me for that. I don’t mind being out the shipping cost to Cajun but paying to upgrade a S2 twice doesn’t make a lot of sense to me....

What also sucks is that this was the rarer arcore/nitride model too. Only ~50 of these made it into the US....oh well it’s a comp gun not a collector/show piece.

@dhuze @Glockster30 first it was the Coonan 357 cracking, now the Shadow 2!?[laugh]
@fencer see post 344

Back
Top Bottom